Breva 1100 Gas Mileage

dmoon64

I know there are some Breva 1100 riders on here. Ned's has a nice pretty black one and the wife wants something more comfortable for two-up riding. What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting? My LeMans gets around 35 and I always thought that was a little low for a bike. :mg:

Thanks,

Darryl

Wifey has tentatively ok'd a Breva 1100 or Buell Ulysses. I've ridden the Buell, and it is pretty sweet.....

Has your wife ridden on the back of the two bikes? The Breva looks like it would be more passenger friendly but the Buell will get better mileage.

I can't believe you liked the buell, and for 2 up I dunno. the things front end flies up almost without warning sometimes and vibes like a paint mixer, and the heat blast was too much, I'd be all over the Breva with that comparo unless you want to go off road, only reason I could see for the Buell. :huh2:

Guest Nogbad

If the Uly was vibey it wasn't set up properly. The isolation is the same as on the Firebolt and mine is vibe free. I couldn't manage a Uly, way too wide and way too tall.

My V11 manages an average of about 40 to the gallon (UK) and the 'Bolt 55.

The other argument in favour of the Uly is parts and service. In the UK the Uly is a lot more $$$$ than the Breva though.

the bike I road had 500 miles on it and vibed like crazy the pedals felt like electric razors, I was wondering if it wasn't setup right, and the throttle was really snatchy and mildly unpredicable. :huh2:

maybe I rode a lemon, but it was a muddy lemon when I brought it back :lol:

I love the free back pack I got, ripped off the buell badge and use it all the time. :thumbsup:

OK, ok, back on topic. What's the gas mileage (or kilometerage) of a Breva 1100? That's a really good question.

(I'm not trying to shut this down- by all means, keep on talking about the Buell...but somebody give up some gas mileage numbers!)

OK, ok, back on topic. What's the gas mileage (or kilometerage) of a Breva 1100? That's a really good question.

(I'm not trying to shut this down- by all means, keep on talking about the Buell...but somebody give up some gas mileage numbers!)

a pair a choppers? $17 howboutthat? sorry local humor. :lol:

"I'm keeping records of all my fuel use. On the first 594 miles (while breaking-in) I have averaged 42.4 mpg. This includes is a lot of mountain riding with lots of repeated acceleration and deceleration (to assist a good break-in), mostly between 3K and 5K rpm. Now that I am past the first 1000km, manual says I can go up another 1K, so now I will be keeping it under 6K rpm. After 2000km, I can go on up to redline. I'll be glad when the break-in period is over." F-Man

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85372

or you might find this useful

"FUEL CONSUMPTION/TANK RANGE: Again, comments restricted by ‘running in process’. Fuel consumption is steadily improving as the miles are clocked up. Bearing in mind previous comments about the computer – the current, but improving, fuel consumption is around 42mpg on the computer and more like 46mpg on the calculator! This has improved from initial figures of 35/36 on the computer.This is with exaggeratedly frequent use of the gearbox to avoid the engine labouring. The fuel gauge on my bike is also inaccurate in that whenever I fill the tank the gauge never shows completely full, it always shows at least a segment empty (sorry writing this without the bike to refer to forgotten what fraction each increment is). Very easy to over-fill the tank too! With the design of the BM tank a few extra litres could be put in when seemingly full. Assuming the Guzzi would be the same as similar, if not so extreme, tank shape I tried but very quickly the fuel was poring out of the breather, potentially over the rear tyre. Basically just fill to lip of orifice"

http://breva1100.tripod.com/id2.html

The answer is 42, hmm reminds me of a book I once read :lol:

"Bearing in mind previous comments about the computer – the current, but improving, fuel consumption is around 42mpg on the computer and more like 46mpg on the calculator! This has improved from initial figures of 35/36 on the computer."

http://breva1100.tripod.com/id2.html

Funny my calculator and computer show the same results.

Is this the new math they are teaching in schools now-a-days?

Or does the Breva come with an onboard computer that guestimates from fuel "level" readings????

It is not the GPS of the Norge, is it?

EDIT

ah, if I actually read, I see he says

": Fun (especially the ‘Blackpool illuminations’ start up), impressive, easy to set up but for me just a novelty really. Not very accurate either I suspect. The average fuel consumption figure is quite a bit less than it should be when the sums are done from the trip and fuel quantity. Also a little difficult to read as light fades and the full effect of the back-lights aren’t seen."

And also note he is in the UK so presumably those are Imperial gallons.

But he went on to write.

"Fuel consumption seems to have settled around 45/46 mpg but I must admit I am rather heavy on the throttle so much better available I'm sure. Managed to see 102 mpg on the computer, practically free wheeling downhill in traffic on a run in the North Yorkshire National Park- also seen 12 mpg!!" :P

Funny my calculator and computer show the same results.

Is this the new math they are teaching in schools now-a-days?

Or does the Breva come with an onboard computer that guestimates from fuel "level" readings????

It's a Veglia onboard computer. :D