Are these cool or dumb?

pShenk

Sorry, but I think they are not only pointless but they have all the appearance of having been hand crafted by mentally defective dwarves on the dark side of Pluto, (N longer a planet :P !). They look like they were carved out of dried fish droppings by Mr. Ugly, owner-operator of Mr. Uglies Ugly Thing Emporium in Ugly-land :vomit:

Make them go away, hopefully a long way away!

Pete

SO not only are they not functional, but they are dangerous... kind of. The bolt on the bottom of the t-body has a tapered head, so it wouldn't sit flush when going through the lower hole in these covers. On the way into work today, I noticed the throttle sticking when rolling on. Then, at one point, the throttle got stuck rolling off! Luckily, I blipped it, and it got unstuck.

Turns out the throttle linkage was hanging up slightly on the head of the bolt.

So, non-functional, non-aesthetic, and dangerous. I guess they're coming off. Too bad, I wanted to like them.

Anyone want to buy them?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest ratchethack

PShenk, a "floating" lower TB stay mount (flathead screw no longer seated in its locating countersink in the TB stay) was my first concern when I realized how those things had to mount. The upper and lower stays fix the TBs together and keep the linkage adjustment "honest". IMHO you'd be wise to re-balance the TB's now that you've disturbed the setting of the stays, especially the lower one. -_-

If you simply must bolt sumpin' on, may I suggest a functional and well-crafted piece, widely known in the best circles as The Edge Guard. See discussion here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4893

Or, for a crude and truly tasteless, yet more functional alternative (IMHO :blush: ), see my version (poorly known, even in the most questionable of circles as The Bodge Guard) at post #60 on p. 4 in the same thread. -_-

PShenk, a "floating" lower TB stay mount (flathead screw no longer seated in its locating countersink in the TB stay) was my first concern when I realized how those things had to mount. The upper and lower stays fix the TBs together and keep the linkage adjustment "honest". IMHO you'd be wise to re-balance the TB's now that you've disturbed the setting of the stays, especially the lower one. -_-

Really? Could it be thrown off just by unbolting? There are two bolts upper and lower that hold the stays, I only removed the outer one.

If you simply must bolt sumpin' on, may I suggest a functional and well-crafted piece, widely known in the best circles as The Edge Guard. See discussion here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4893

Or, for a crude and truly tasteless, yet more functional alternative (IMHO :blush: ), see my version (poorly known, even in the most questionable of circles as The Bodge Guard) at post #60 on p. 4 in the same thread. -_-

Yeah, I saw that thread... it looks interesting. Has everyone taken off their rear hugger? I thought I was being semi-original there. If someone would make a form-fitting "mini hugger" that didn't cover up the swingarm at all, I'd be very interested in that.

Guest ratchethack

Really? Could it be thrown off just by unbolting? There are two bolts upper and lower that hold the stays, I only removed the outer one.

PShenk, IMHO the act of unbolting wouldn't be the concern here. It's riding the bike through the RPM range with the lower screw no longer able to keep the TB stay oriented via the outboard flathead screw in its countersink. Engine vibration would then be most likely to shake the TBs loose from their position relative to each other. As you may know, it doesn't take much movement of the adjustment linkage to knock them out of sync, thus the great care Guzzi has taken to ensure against this with both upper and lower TB stays, each fixed at two upper, and two lower points.

I'm just passing this along as a thought that I'd have if it were my Guzzi. Since it's easy for me to throw a TB sync on it, I'd certainly do it for a check.

BAA, TJM, & YMMV