Staintune Pics

Guest icarus

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, Its sooooooo PREETTTTTTTYYYYYYYYY. I gotta get myself a brain bucket like that to go with the Staintunes I'm gonna buy . . .

:2c: Have a pair on my Scura.

Came with the bike when purchased used.

Love the looks, love the sound and sometimes I think I'm going to get a hard-on pulling hard uphill.

Fantastic music running down through the gears.

Don't know about dyno pulls, don't care. Bike was well sorted out by previous owner.

Not too loud, extremely well made but pricy.

:ninja::helmet::ninja:

don't mean to hijack, but I would like to know how the red microns would look on a scura, especially since it already has the red anodized pieces on the side. any thoughts or pictures?

http://news.micronexhaust.com/store/prodcanisters.htm

OK, I get it . . . nobody with a Staintune has the guts to post a pic. Am I supposed to surmise that this says something about the Staintune owners, or the looks of the bikes that their owners are unwilling to show us? I think I'll just core the stockers for fun.

If somebody can talk this computer layman through the procedure of getting a picture from my camera and onto this site, I'll send you as many pictures as you want. I've tried before, but just screwed things right up.

Better yet, I'll send the pictures to an e-mail. I've done that before with no issues.

Ciao, Steve G.

Replying to Icarus: no after-market cross-over on my bike. And I am 100% satisfied with the sound and performance. The bike exceeds my capabilities and I consider myself a very capable driver.

Guest Mattress

I bought mine second-hand. Haven't put 'em on yet so no picture. I had no qualms about buying second-hand staintunes because they pretty much never wear out. Would be more hesitant to buy 2nd hand carbon fiber jobbies. I got 'em roughly half price of new.

They looked so great after I opened the package, I stared at em on my coffee table for awhile. I'd hang 'em on the wall as a decoration if I didn't use 'em. I guess that is one benefit of being single...I can leave parts on the coffee table and sometimes I've cleaned parts in the bathroom sink.

If you want a more integrated look, perhaps consider ceramic coating your headers/pipes. The guy I bought mine off of had his coated "Sterling" which looks real close to stainless. I was quoted $160 + s&h by Jet-Hot. They have different colors too if you want to do something real custom.

I have the Staintunes on my '02 LeMans and have received several compliments on the sound. I think they look great on a V11 as well. There's a pic of my bike in the gallery, but its a little fuzzy.

I have noticed I've been setting off the odd car alarm along city streets. S-tunes do come with a bolt in baffler, but it remains in the staintune box.

Bbennett gave me the method to get pictures onto this forum. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Mattress

This might be opening a can of worms, but for those that are running staintunes with everything else stock (intake & cross-over), do you think you need a power commander to keep from running hot? Or is it a mild enough impact to the engine that it is not necessary? Might be I worry too much.

I didn't do anything with the ECU when I first got the Staintunes and the bike ran pretty much the same as stock. When I replaced the X-over and intake I re-mapped the ECU. I forgot to mention that I tried those "restrictors" in the Staintunes and I couldn't stand the whistling effect every time I backed off the throttle. I yanked 'em out pronto and haven't used 'em since!

This might be opening a can of worms, but for those that are running staintunes with everything else stock (intake & cross-over), do you think you need a power commander to keep from running hot? Or is it a mild enough impact to the engine that it is not necessary? Might be I worry too much.

I was worried about this. I also have the Ferracci airbox kit. Continual monitoring of the spark plugs have seen no color change on regular running, and on the odd plug chop. So far so good.

If I eliminated the factory crossover, I'm sure I would have to do something with the ECU software. I will retain the factory crossover, as I think the robust overbuilt nature of it will reduce the possibility of header cracks, notable on bikes that have had theirs removed.

Ciao, Steve G.