For the poms and yorps.

pete roper

Blokes, I'll be leaving in about 14 hours and arrive in the UK on Friday morning. While my mobile/cell phone does have global roaming to use it will be prohibitive cost wise. I think I'll look at one of those phone-hire jobs or see if I can get a pre-paid sim card for mine at the airport.

Anyone who is interested in a plate? I'll probably be bringing about 12 of them over, that's about the max I can get with the luggage allowance. I'll post my Ph.# up when I know it and I'd be more than happy to meet people in the evening for a jar and yack, (As opposed to Yak!) about Guzzis, the world, etc. and if people want to collect the plates then that's all well and good and I can give detailed, drunken, verbal instructions on how to install them :blush::grin: .

Keith, can you PM me your phone # and I'll give you a bell as soon as I've got over the jet-lag :vomit: Graham, I'll bring you one of the Tonti plates too :thumbsup:

Pete

I'd be more than happy to meet people in the evening for a jar and yack, (As opposed to Yak!) about Guzzis, the world, etc. .

I'm only an hour from Cambridge so I'm game. I'll be going on to Nights followed by Lates. I might be able to wrangle some time off, if not I hope my days off fall convieniantly.

It'll be a weekend or nothing for me, I'm afraid. It's about a five hour journey to Cambridge from here at rush hour times and I just can't manage it and stay alive, too. When do you leave?

BTW, if sprogette is coming over and wants to go out to do some serious photography, send her up. She can get a train from Peterborough to Newcastle and we can go to haunt some castles, Roman ruins and coastline. I've got loads of equipment she can borrow.

If you and Jude need an escape from family duties, feel free to visit also. You can PM me for contact details.

m