Need a good Moto guzzi mechanic in NYC

Guest mr.tony.kidd@gmail.com

Guest mr.tony.kidd@gmail.com

Hi All,

Im having a problem with my Scura that I cannot fix and need a mechanic.

I originall had work on her done at the Ducatti Dealer in Manhattan. They were very expensive so when they started missing their scheduled appointments I moved on.

I went to the place upstate but its 45 minutes away and I had a very unsavoury issue with their work one time and so would rather not go there.

I have been trying to work with another guy in Williamsburg for the past three weeks but he keeps postponing picking up the bike.

Is there ANYONE in this area that does good work and is trustworthy and can keep an appointment?

Please, if anyone can reccomend anyone I would be incredibly grateful. Im dyin' here.

Tony

I recommend Frank Matera of Aprillia New York (which is probably the same as Ducati Manhattan, though not sure). He can be reached at 212.989.1414 if he is still there. He worked on my scura when i rolled into NYC during our FL to Canada & back trip last year. He was very knowledgable and the guys there really helped us out (my daughter busted her frame on her 2001 Monster). Best of luck.

St.

I have been trying to work with another guy in Williamsburg for the past three weeks but he keeps postponing picking up the bike.

Tony

Are you talking about Eric(Guzzi Man)? What exactly is the problem with the bike? Your other choice is to

get it up to Branchville Motors or Marsh Cycle in Conn.

Tom

I'm assuming when you mentioned upstate that you brought it to Rockwell Cycles on 9W. I've had work done there. They're okay I guess, but I'm probably going to start using Country Joe over at Jack Trebour in Jersey for future service work.

Hi Quazi,

You've had experience or recommendations for Country Joe?Where in Jersey is he?

Thanks,

Michael

When I bought my '02 Lemans at Cycle Connection in Lodi, NJ Country Joe was running the service dept. That dealer has now changed hands and is known as Moto City Cycles, but they're no longer a Guzzi dealer. Country Joe moved over to Jack Trebour Cycles in Ledgewood, NJ out on Rt. 46. They're not a Guzzi dealer either, but he knows his stuff and he knows Guzzis.

When I bought my '02 Lemans at Cycle Connection in Lodi, NJ Country Joe was running the service dept. That dealer has now changed hands and is known as Moto City Cycles, but they're no longer a Guzzi dealer. Country Joe moved over to Jack Trebour Cycles in Ledgewood, NJ out on Rt. 46. They're not a Guzzi dealer either, but he knows his stuff and he knows Guzzis.

Thanks for the info,I'll look him up for my next service.

Michael

you should also check out Rockwell Cycles on 9W

the word is that DucatiNY is severing its ties with Piaggio and if not already, will soon no longer be an Aprilia or Moto Guzzi dealer.

btw, they charge $105/hr....

here is Erik's shop in williamsburg: Works Engineering

he is actually moving his shop and has been very busy.