Kill Switch woes

Richard

Just a quick note for anyone who has had kill switch issues. I've just had a problem with the kill switch on my '03 Rosso Corsa - the kill switch would intermittently cut power to the engine whilst riding along. I disconnected it and eventually bought a new one. All was right and well with the world for a couple of months and suddenly the new switch started doing the same. After much swearing, I took the old switch apart to find that it's actually a two-way switch which, in typical Guzzi fashion, they connected to the wrong connection! If you pull the switch apart you find that the connection they have used for the 'run' mode barely makes contact. In contrast the un-used connection, the 'stop' mode, is a huge contact, which finds home every time. Therefore, out with the soldering iron and removed the wire from the original connection and soldered it onto the un-used connection, in effect reversing the action of the switch (in is now 'run' and out is now 'stop'). So far now no problems.

Just a quick note for anyone who has had kill switch issues. I've just had a problem with the kill switch on my '03 Rosso Corsa - the kill switch would intermittently cut power to the engine whilst riding along. I disconnected it and eventually bought a new one. All was right and well with the world for a couple of months and suddenly the new switch started doing the same. After much swearing, I took the old switch apart to find that it's actually a two-way switch which, in typical Guzzi fashion, they connected to the wrong connection! If you pull the switch apart you find that the connection they have used for the 'run' mode barely makes contact. In contrast the un-used connection, the 'stop' mode, is a huge contact, which finds home every time. Therefore, out with the soldering iron and removed the wire from the original connection and soldered it onto the un-used connection, in effect reversing the action of the switch (in is now 'run' and out is now 'stop'). So far now no problems.

:thumbsup: Way to go Richard. I always like someone who opens & improves rather than just changing parts.