si1100, your spring

belfastguzzi

Can anyone help me to source a selector spring for my 6 speed gearbox on a 2002 V11 Scura. For the second time the box has stuck in second.

My bike is with a dealer at the moment but the spring is on back order from the factory, they do not appear to be making anymore at the moment!

You posted this query in 'Classifieds' and it can't be replied to there.

Where are you?

I would guess that other dealers must have springs in stock. Pretty sure that you'd get one from a UK supplier. Alternative springs have been listed, available from people who've made them in USA.

Have you read the F.A.Q. thread on this topic? Lots of info and the spring supplers may be mentioned there, otherwise you'll need to do a search.

Meantime you can re-bend the spring, if it broke at the hook end, to get you back on the road. The repaired spring is still quite serviceable.

**The crucial thing is that you need to file down the boss that the spring coil sits on. The 2002 Scuras and other bikes around that time were fitted with a pawl arm that had an oversize boss. That is what is causing your spring to break and if you don't fix it, the spring will break again. The circular boss needs to be 15mm diameter. If you are ordering a new spring, you can order a new pawl arm that is the correct dimensions.

There is more info in the the threads that can be referenced through the FAQ. As above, the stuff there shows how you can get back on the road until new parts (if you want them) can be sourced.

F.A.Q at:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1633

and see here for photos:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2778