water in oil

SLtrek

Hi all, and thanks in advance for help

I do all maintanance on my wife's 2004 V11 Cafe Sport. The last two times I have changed the oil there has been water in the oil. The next to last time the amount of water was substantial, and I removed the "belly pan" and wiped out the water that did not exit with the oil. I assumed the water originated from a rainy ride we had taken.

During today's oil change I observed the oil as it flowed out of the drain plug and into the oil-drain pan, and I saw no evidence for water contamination. However, when I was pouring the oil from the oil-drain pan into a container for disposal, I notice a small amount of water in the oil (it had settled at the bottom of the oil-drain pan). She did not ride in the rain between the last two oil changes.

This is my first Guzzi, but I have had many motorcycles and worked on all of them and I have never had such a problem unless a coolant-fluid seal failed. Has anyone had this probelm with a Guzzi? Should I worry about it? I am guessing the water is related to condensation (we live on the foggy central california coast), but again, I have lived on the coast for a long time and I have never had this problem with air cooled or water cooled motorcycles. Any advice or solution is greatly appreciated.

Thansk again for the help.

Tony

Never mind - I could not wait for an answer and kept trying searches - searching for yielded the result I needed. Seems condensation is the culprit, and it is not a huge worry. Retroactive thanks to Rachethack Ron - now I can leave for my vacation with peace of mind.

Tony