Questions Regarding Crossover Pipes

VR6Dave

I have an '04 V11 and was wondering if anyone knew if the crossover that was added near the heads was as effective as a Stucchi or similar on the previous year bikes? Is there anything to be gained with a Stucchi or similar on my bike? Thanks.

VR6Dave :huh2:

I have an '04 V11 and was wondering if anyone knew if the crossover that was added near the heads was as effective as a Stucchi or similar on the previous year bikes? Is there anything to be gained with a Stucchi or similar on my bike? Thanks.

VR6Dave :huh2:

IIRC, the Stucchi x-over is as much about dealing with the top-end power fade as the hole in the 3k-4k rpm range. The bikes w/ the front x-over don't gain as much from the Stucchi in the low rpm, but afaik, they still benefit from the superior flow at high rpm.

Bottom line: unless you spend a lot of time WFO, you don't need to spend the money on the Stucchi. OTOH, the Stucchi probably weighs less than the stock "pre-muffler" so you can justify the expense as "necessary wt. savings" if you still want to go that route... :grin:

Ride on!

:mg:

OTOH, the Stucchi probably weighs less than the stock "pre-muffler" so you can justify the expense as "necessary wt. savings" if you still want to go that route... :grin:

The Stucchi weighs a ton. But it looks and sounds better, by a few tons.

Edit: Stucchi is a pound lighter than stock x-over