Missing Fastener

Bill Hagan

See hole on right side (as you face it) in triple tree.

What_sMissing.JPG

Was AWOL bolt holding something else I haven't noticed is missing yet, either? :doh:

Bill, you're OK. It's the lower mounting point for the headlight bracket that's used on the Sport models.

Whew. And thanks for not taking advantage of me. I'd have believed one of those, "OMG, Bill, don't ride it!" tall tales. :grin:

Getting ready to post pics of more cracked pipes, too. :o

Bill, you're OK.

~You eejit, Ratchet! Why didn't you tell Big Bill a tale of disaster – his sidecar had fallen off or turbocharger become misplaced or something... :wacko:

Guest Gary Cheek

Bill,

Be warned. There is a plot to do you in. The bolt was where the very importatnat lateral stabilization dorsal integrator is attatched. Some low life has taken it off and these people are keeping that fact from you.

You MUST ship that bike directly to me. Please include a signed, notarized title (required in Michigan for stabilazator certification upon replacement.

The motorcycle will be returned only when it is once again safe to ride. BTW we now use filter clamps on the retainer hose to prevent the all too common loss of this important device.

Bill,

Pay no attention to Gary's post, it's not that dangerous, happend to me too. Dont worry, Guzzi sent me two of em, I'll post you one for what it cost me. Paypal me $200 and I'll overnight it.... Looks like a simple bolt, but it's more :luigi: What the heck, you're a good guy, send me $150.... I'll take the loss for a pal!

Jon

Guest Gary Cheek

Bill,

Pay no attention to Gary's post, it's not that dangerous, happend to me too. Dont worry, Guzzi sent me two of em, I'll post you one for what it cost me. Paypal me $200 and I'll overnight it.... Looks like a simple bolt, but it's more :luigi: What the heck, you're a good guy, send me $150.... I'll take the loss for a pal!

Jon

Bill exposure to SMOG severely shortens this critical part's useful life. That is why Jon wants to merely send you the part. He does not want to assume liability WHEN it fails. Also be aware any one who will sell that part for less than $850 has to be offering a poor quality Chinese knock off.

For a slight additional fee we can secure the part with a very special hose clamp. Even though we always install the stabilizator properly there have been 100 failures, just on my block. It isn't pretty. Trust my experience and pony up for the optional clamp.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival here in Michigan. It should arrive just in time for the infamous Michigan winter touring season. ;)

Quote:

"Hey Bill

Thanks for all the fish!"

It only SMELLED like FISH :food: