Source for AMP Superseal 1.5 Connectors

So, as I've tinkered and added a few electrical accessories, while I've used decent connectors, I'd like to use some of the same weather-resistant AMP "Superseal 1.5" connectors that are OEM on the bikes.

However, after a fairly thorough "Google" on the web, I can't find anyone selling them online other than the AMP site themselves(whose e-commerce app is currently unavailable in the US) and some Italian site that looked dodgy.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on where to source these? It would be really great if there were a local electrical parts shop in the San Jose area that someone could recommend.

AMP Superseal 1.5 Connectors

Also, I'm looking to clean-up the various positive and negative ring connectors layered on the battery with a terminal setup. Any thoughts? I've looked around and have yet to find one I think is a good solution. My first thougts were the terminals that the car-stereo guys use, but most of these were too bulky and heavy, plus quite a bit too "glamorous" for my tastes :lol:

thx!

al

http://www.daes-mototec.de/

At the far right, choose "elektrikbauteile" from the pop-down menu.

Where it says "AMP-Steckverbinder 6-polig, 2-polig und 1-polig AMP-Superseal Steckverbindungen Wasserdichte Steckverbindungen 1-6 polig und 10 polig" choose "mehr".

I've seen these as an entire kit too for a bit over a hundred dollars, I just can't remember where.

Also, I'm looking to clean-up the various positive and negative ring connectors layered on the battery with a terminal setup.  Any thoughts?  I've looked around and have yet to find one I think is a good solution.   My first thougts were the terminals that the car-stereo guys use, but most of these were too bulky and heavy, plus quite a bit too "glamorous" for my tastes :lol:

thx!

al

How about a soldered splice job into into one heavy duty line?

Might be a pain if you ever have to remove anything, so scratch that idea.

How about bolting all the lines together and encapsulating the bolt in plexiglass.

Or how about something like this circuit breaker. Still kind of bulky, but it has more than one purpose. You might still need to run a seperate line to the starter.Images_For_Catalog%5CRFCB100.jpg

Guest Jeff Kelland

Al. I work with this stuff all the time. Not exactly what you're showing but a lot of stuff that is close. What you need to find is a friend in the electronic diesel engine business. Maybe a CAT, Cummins, or Detroit Diesel dealership. All of the electrnic sensor and control harnesses use some form of connector that will do the job. There are many different brands, AMP. Deutch, and Weatherpac to name a few. There are also a multitude of variations and styles. This stuff is a bit pricey but very reliable. The real cost in in the crimping tools, as much as $300 usd per tool. This is where a friend comes in as it would be much cheaper to borrow the tools than buy them. Any of the above named dealerships should be able to identify and order the pieces used on their engine. You need somebody locally so you can spend some time exploring their resources. good luck, jeff :luigi:

Amp sealed connectors as used on most morotcycles are avalible by mail order from farnell compnets foe about $1usd each in 2-6 pin configurations. http://www.farnell.com/ thier distribution network seems to be pretty comprehensive athough be warned thier cattle log comes in two volumes that are about the size of a medium size phone book.

• 1 month later...

Update:

The "AMP Superseal" connectors that proliferate our bikes are also known as "weatherpak" environmental connectors.

I've found a dealer in the USA, called Del City that sells the kits, etc.

The parts are quite pricey, but if you are looking to repair, replace, or add some weathertight connectors to your bike's harness, these are the ones to get.

Del City Electrical Supply

They also have quite a selection of other electrical goodies like relays and vehicle lighting.

al

Guest Jeff in Ohio

Motec sells them along with others in their catalog. www.motec.com

Find a motec dealer and you are in business

Excellent, now if we can just find the source for the 26 pin "weatherpak" that is used on the bottom of the 15M ECU, and the ends(male & female) of the PCIII... we can help Cliff make his MY16M ECU a plug&play alternative for folks!

I wrote to the Dynojet PCIII folks to see what the part# was, and who the supplier is, but they just blew me off.

I was actually a bit miffed. First they basically tell me that I(we) don't warrant enough business to make a PCIIIr version, but then respond to my question about getting this connector so I can then make something to plug in and manipulate ignition mapping myself... and they tell me that they don't want to give me that info to protect their business and the supplier?? While on the one hand I understand their position, on the other hand... I am kinda miffed, as they are leaving me hanging if they won't make the product I need, but then won't give me the info to just make my own. <_>

And this was from their main marketing/sales guy... not just some "joe tech"

*sigh*

• 1 year later...

As mentioned elsewhere, Summit Racing sells complete kits of these connectors in assorted sizes, as well as the crimpers and extractors for very reasonable pricing. But you cannot mix/match or order specific connectors.

So also check out the following thread for another supplier that allows for quite a bit of mixing and matching, with a $25 minimum order:

http://www.sport-touring.net/cgi-bin/msgbo...1;entry524102

:D