Redline Shockproof?

kevdog3019

OK...I think you guys convinced me about the Redline. Now... I have to order some up from the local auto store. Does "Shockproof " come in different weights? What weight is it? I just hate to tell the guy to order me up some to later find there are 5 different "shockproof" weights and I have the wrong one.

Also... you all are putting the same in the rear as the gearbox?

Thanks for the advice all,

-Kev

OK...I think you guys convinced me about the Redline. Now... I have to order some up from the local auto store. Does "Shockproof " come in different weights? What weight is it? I just hate to tell the guy to order me up some to later find there are 5 different "shockproof" weights and I have the wrong one.

Also... you all are putting the same in the rear as the gearbox?

Thanks for the advice all,

-Kev

Yes, Shockproof Heavy. (the strawberry shake stuff)

Guest ratchethack

How much was the shipping?

I have seen prices ranging from $7 to $16, but then the shipping has ranged from free to $10

Dave, you can get it several places locally for ~$8/qt. There's a dealer locator on the RL Web site.

I get mine here:

FALLBROOK OIL

1208 S. Main St.

Fallbrook, CA 92028

(760) 728-7703

Dave, you can get it several places locally for ~$8/qt. There's a dealer locator on the RL Web site.

I get mine here:

FALLBROOK OIL

1208 S. Main St.

Fallbrook, CA 92028

(760) 728-7703

I had looked at the dealer locator, but it did not help me unless I started phoning for prices.

You saved me from alot of phoning around.

Excellent!

Thanks!

:bier:

Drat, I went there Saturday they are only open Monday through Friday.

Back to mail order and making FedEx richer...

Thanks guys for all the info. I ordered 4 quarts which will get me through 3 changes for about $10 a pop with shipping at Summit. It will come to my doorstep soon! It does sound like good stuff for sure.

good is an understatement that shite is liquid GOLD. :bier:

I looked today and it was $9.99 for handling, but shipping was free! Oh BOY!! Do they not know that we are smarter than that. It's like a Guzzi watch I bought on EBAY for 2 cents from taiwan I think it was. The shipping was $15.00. I knew this going into the bid, so I figured the watch to be $15.00 with 2 pennies shipping. Still a good deal. It's a good looking watch and I've gotten more compliments on it...

Gawd! It sounds like I should drive up to Summit Racing & pick up a case or two of RedLine Shockproof & only charge $5 for shipping to all you guys! :D $10 shipping seems like a ripoff for a 2lb item. :bbblll: I'd only need to ship about say.....700 quarts or so & I could afford that pretty new titanium exhaust on Ebay! :P:lol:

$10 shipping seems like a ripoff for a 2lb item.

Snip.......

My 2 quarts arrived today from Summit. Yup, free shipping but a $9.99 handling fee. The good news is the enclosed invoice offers a $10.00 discount on my next order..............

Can't help but wonder if that means they will charge handling AND shipping on that order! <_>