MG Ti Cans + Additional Mods?2002+ Models

mznyc

John I have found the guzzi feels flat with the standard ECU with the Ti cans.

all through summer it only pinged when very hot ambiant temp. which I then ran it on high octane fuel which cured the pinging. It might be worth going into moto Strada and have it set up.

It would be interesting to see if your fuel economy improves

If weather ok saturday going for a long run out ??

Dave

John I have found the guzzi feels flat with the standard ECU with the Ti cans.

all through summer it only pinged when very hot ambiant temp. which I then ran it on high octane fuel which cured the pinging. It might be worth going into moto Strada and have it set up.

It would be interesting to see if your fuel economy improves

If weather ok saturday going for a long run out ??

Dave

Nice to hear you Dave, afraid I lost you new phone number please give me a call. I'd like to do a side by side test again.

Jason at Moto Strada set the TPS up last year and the settings for the race ECU seem to be the same as standard so I'm not sure why a reset should do the trick. I suspect the race ECU may be for the non- cross over older setup as it is marked '01'.

As she's still running sweet and I am not going to be thrashing her for a while I'll read more stuff on the site and consider options. I do like the idea of getting more personal knowledge and control of a bike that (unlike any of my others) I'm likely to keep to the end of my days. The MyECU setup looks like a good bet in the long run and it's not too unreasonable considering it's possibilities. Anyone know different?

John

I have 2004 Coppa Italia. I have installed the following mods:

- MG Ti cans

- FBF X-Over pipe

- FBF air box replacement kit

- PCIII Power Commander with the STOCK ecu (not the one that came with the cans) and I had FBF do a custom map for me.

Results:

Max Power - 87 HP

Max Torque - 72 fp

Torque and HP are increased throughout the rev range and overall drivability is great!

Good luck with your mods.

Ride Safe.

I was watching those pippes on ebay but didn't think they would work with my Teckno bags so i passed, I'm glad I didn't bid against you. I will be anxious to hear how they worked out, I am presently leaning towards the alum round Mistrals but who knows I may still go the MG Ti route myself.

waspp

You should talk to Todd at MPH.I was in Houston and stopped in to meet them.He showed me the M4 pipes which have a nicer looking carbon fiber and they will remove the ugly M4 badges for you.I wanted a genuine MG part otherwise I would have bought the M4s.He may have a set of the MG Tis.

Michael