• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( This isn't looking good... So I guess I can assume that engine specs and a full set of engineering drawings won't be forthcoming...

The first letter of the manufacturer is a "B". 2T or 4T - I don't even know what that means...

O.K. 2T are the bikes that burn oil (i.e. GP 500 bikes 125, 250 , see Doohan and co.) 4T are all other :D.

After studying the pic I think that has to be a Bougery. Engine that starts with pedals , one of the first Frensh bike manufacturers.Not so likelly to be a Barre cause they did tricycles at the time (I think).But I wouldn't be surprized if it was a Buchet or Bouchet (dunno which is correct writing.)

Ahhh I see - you meant 2 or 4 stroke... gotcha, and I don't know.

Now if you're just going to guess French manufacturers who start with "B" - that's just not right! :bbblll:

I'll say yes or no to any guess that includes both a manufacturer and displacement.

Rj

I don't try guessing anything , I have answered in the first line. The other are additional infos about the era and my thoughts. You'll get the cc as well.Let's hear to others ,hehe

Take another shot Alex - you're super close :thumbsup:

Rj

O.K. Then this has to be (is) a Buchet of around 1903 a parallel twin (cause they were doing twins) with

around 3000cc (2976cc 111B- 13.6Str.) 4 stroke engine And a speed record holder for the Kilometer run

They also have developed a 4245cc parallel twin around that time for racing,

Alessandro Anzani also raced Buchet works as well as he latter developed a W3 engine

Well?

Thanks for giving me another chance.

:bier:

O.K. Then this has to be (is) a Buchet of around 1903 a parallel twin (cause they were doing twins) with

around 3000cc (2976cc 111B- 13.6Str.) 4 stroke engine And a speed record holder for the Kilometer run

They also have developed a 4245cc parallel twin around that time for racing,

Alessandro Anzani also raced Buchet works as well as he latter developed a W3 engine

Well?

Thanks for giving me another chance.

Well done! A Buchet 3L is what I have. More info anyone? Would love to know more about this bike and the manufacturer.

Another point for engineering drawings! ;)

Rj

The aeroplane engine manufacturer Anzani had close connections with Buchet. There are some pictures of him on Buchet and Buchet-engined machines here.

http://www.hydroretro.net/etudegh/moteurs_anzani.pdf

Another potential source of information:

http://lesmotocyclettes.free.fr/moto/buchet.htm

And, finally, a _much_ better picture - with, presumably, Fournier riding.

http://www.tracesdhuile.net/forum/communiq...-grt-vt943.html About halfway down the page.

No brakes, no throttle, direct drive (although it might have a 3-speed hub), possibly a magneto cut-out, a pullover and possibly a cotton and leather helmet. Not yer average cheese-eating-surrender-monkey.....

Well done! A Buchet 3L is what I have. More info anyone? Would love to know more about this bike and the manufacturer.

Another point for engineering drawings! ;)

Rj

Cool B)

Will try finding some resources for this bike, though that can be hard for a company officialy existed for only a decade.

P.S. Do I get any decorating point for my sig ?.... LOL