Quiz Oct.2nd -- Name it all *

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:2c: Alex when you said in the soviet racer thread that you didn't work with web pages I was looking forward to one of your paintings being the medium of the quiz subject

Heh ,no , I meant that the picture of the bike wouldn't be taken out of the web.

Nice idea though but I paint known motorcycles (more or less), so that wouldn't be much of a quiz.

Lady 500 single 1938!!! :drink:

Nope.I'm afraid no.

• 2 weeks later...

Will bump this up .

Well now if that's too hard perhaps there would be 2 points given for the complete answer, duuno what gets what , perhaps the quiz admin should have the judje about it, hey Ben? What do you think.?

sorry looking at ducati's, two points are fine if someone can get them. Youre eligible for a stumper after yesterday but I'll set the unoffical stumper date to this friday nothing by friday and you get a coveted stump!

This one is killing me! I recognize the tank shape and headlight... but can't place it. I want to think it starts with a "C"...

Blackburne - were they still making bikes in the thirties? Thought they were finished in the twenties - or is Blackburn a different manufacturer?

Rj

No , It is not a from C , the era is about that, and the creator marque it is Frensh :grin: ,

OK , then points should be as follows:

1 point for:

A) Motorcycle Brand + one of the following extras: either 1)Displacement and timing (2 or4 stroke? ) ,or 2) year made and model preffeably, or 3)price of the motorcycle when it came out

( with a 5% aprox.)

1 point for :

B) Which is the Brand of the motor it wears + either one of the above (of cource not from ones that have been already revealed before) extras .

1935 Blackburn 250cc

Nope in the other you where a bit closer.

The first letter of the motorcycle brand is either P,Q,R, or ,S- I hope all that helped and made it more interesting

My only other guess would be a Peugeot 500cc 4stroke single.

Rj

no , the manufactirer only existed for few years , about a dacade or less, if that also helps.

Take a look at the tank , the way it is the whole design, it is somewhat characteristic.