V11 Passenger Pegs

S251

Here are a few pictures of the finished prototype for the passenger pegs modification.

Spot the incongruity. Sorry it is on the full size photo!

scura_LH_down_3.JPG

Here are a few pictures of the finished prototype for the passenger pegs modification.

Spot the incongruity. Sorry it is on the full size photo!

Not meaning to piss on a man's parade, but what angle do the pillion's feet sit at once on the back? It looks like either: the pillion's toes will interfere with the back of the rider's leg/heal or; the pillion's heal will rest on the carbon cans. Having had a pillion rest their heal on the carbon cans of my 1100 for a relativly short ride (about 1.5 hours) I can assure you it's not a nice experience. Their entire boot heal melted all over the can (the strangest thing was that they didn't notice the heat in their boot!!!) and I couldn't get the boot rubber off. In the end I had to admit defeat and get a new set of cans!

Not meaning to piss on a man's parade, but what angle do the pillion's feet sit at once on the back? It looks like either: the pillion's toes will interfere with the back of the rider's leg/heal or; the pillion's heal will rest on the carbon cans. Having had a pillion rest their heal on the carbon cans of my 1100 for a relativly short ride (about 1.5 hours) I can assure you it's not a nice experience. Their entire boot heal melted all over the can (the strangest thing was that they didn't notice the heat in their boot!!!) and I couldn't get the boot rubber off. In the end I had to admit defeat and get a new set of cans!

Yes it looks a little cramped. We seem to sit OK on the bike, my boot size is 43 and pillion's is size 37. "Feet sizes only".

It was sad to scratch the paintwork during the fitting as well given that it was baked on engine paint.

Pillion would not ride until I made it as good as our old 90S BMW. Pillion is happy now excepth for the odd thing on the back. OOPs :(

With the riders clip ons and reasets my toes point to the ground 45 to 50 degrees. The pillion's feet are near flat less than 10 degrees. The exhausts are Mistral oval carbon that are shorter than the stock carbon cans so the lead pipe to the can is longer, providing more air space between the foot peg and the exhaust can than stock item.

I have tried to attach a photo that shows the incongruity. 311k is too big sorry I need some help.

I have tried to attach a photo that shows the incongruity. 311k is too big sorry I need some help.

Try IrfanView and consider to give this guy some money as well. Regardless what you give, it will be worth each penny.

Hubert

Yes it looks a little cramped. We seem to sit OK on the bike, my boot size is 43 and pillion's is size 37. "Feet sizes only".

It was sad to scratch the paintwork during the fitting as well given that it was baked on engine paint.

Pillion would not ride until I made it as good as our old 90S BMW. Pillion is happy now excepth for the odd thing on the back. OOPs :(

With the riders clip ons and reasets my toes point to the ground 45 to 50 degrees. The pillion's feet are near flat less than 10 degrees. The exhausts are Mistral oval carbon that are shorter than the stock carbon cans so the lead pipe to the can is longer, providing more air space between the foot peg and the exhaust can than stock item.

so, when are they ready to be bought?