Installing Ti Cans for '02 Scura,Not Plug and Play!

mznyc

Got the Ti pipes,but the instructions read as,

Connect PC(Mac Guy!) withe MDST(diagnosys program) and vacumeter

Disconnect the stick(?!)from the right throttle body

Tune(on the right throttle body)the throttle potentiometer till you reach 2.9+/-0.1 degree(465 mv +/- 5 mv)

My questions are,

Is this neccessary

Where do I get the MDST what kind of vacumeter(I'm a assuming a meter that checks vacume pressure) do you reccomend and where do you connect it to?

What's a stick?

Sorry bout my mechanical ignorance,have done a lot of my own maintenance on past bike but not motor,valve,carb stuff.

Thanks,

Michael :stupid:

Just plug and play. I did and most people do – most won't have the diagnostic equipment.

Further tune-up can/should be done, but that's just the same as would be the case normally, whether you have the ti kit or not.

Got the Ti pipes,but the instructions read as,

Connect PC(Mac Guy!) withe MDST(diagnosys program) and vacumeter

Disconnect the stick(?!)from the right throttle body

Tune(on the right throttle body)the throttle potentiometer till you reach 2.9+/-0.1 degree(465 mv +/- 5 mv)

My questions are,

Is this neccessary

Where do I get the MDST what kind of vacumeter(I'm a assuming a meter that checks vacume pressure) do you reccomend and where do you connect it to?

What's a stick?

Sorry bout my mechanical ignorance,have done a lot of my own maintenance on past bike but not motor,valve,carb stuff.

Thanks,

Michael :stupid:

I synchronise the cylinders with the carbtune http://www.carbtune.com/ I also use the brass adaptors kit to connect the vacum rubber sticks to the cylinders.

Now MDST is translated to Marelli Diagnostic Scan Tool that's a software with appropriate connectors to your ECU (1.5M ) that gives you sertain diagnosis parameters , such as all sensor tempratures (you'll ned this) ,Spark avance,Ingnition timing , TP degrees (you need this), TPS voltage (need this too) for the syncronisation.

Now you can't get this on the market easy (or cheap or at all) but you can get this VDSTS

from http://www.technoresearch.com/ I have the standard version , the simple version will do that as well (if you are on a budget. And to tell you the truth the interface and the parameters are exact the same with the Marelli

Perfect synchronising the cylinders is a 'state of the art' and if this is done correctly then the motorcycle will run perfect. (idle and so on) it is better to be done especially if you change chip (or ECU in your cace) and install new components like the exausts.

Will post more pics latter on about it.

Remove the side screws on each cylinder and place the vacum adaptors

synchrontbnz5.jpg

"Got the Ti pipes, but the instructions read as,"

In my experience, if the bike ran O.K. before it will run O.K. after you put the cans on.

Stock Guzzi Map is lean at low RPM for Euro emissions, rich at high RPM to keep the motor together during the break in.

EEPROMs, Power Commanders and their ilk address this lean-to-rich variability.

Take the lid off your airbox or throw on some K&Ns and all bets are off. You will really need to fix your A/F ratio.

If you want a second set of hands I'll be happy to pop by. I helped LaNasa put on his Stucchi X-over and Ago cans a few months past. Email is below.

DW in NYC

guzziownr at yahoo dot com