V1 1 TRANSMISSION JUICE

Guest ffatdad

Guest ffatdad

I KNOW NOT ANOTHER LUBRICANT THREAD.....

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS STUFF ANYBODY USING IT? THOUGHT I WOULD TRY IT BECAUSE ITS ALL THEY HAD AT THE SHOP. YEA OR NAY

THANKS FOR THE INPUT,

JIM

I'll bet that's some darned good juice! :drink: Motul certainly has a good rep. What does a quart of that stuff cost?

More importantly may be:

1) How often to change it, and,

2) How to determine the volume to add to the gearbox . . .

I KNOW NOT ANOTHER LUBRICANT THREAD.....

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS STUFF ANYBODY USING IT? THOUGHT I WOULD TRY IT BECAUSE ITS ALL THEY HAD AT THE SHOP. YEA OR NAY

THANKS FOR THE INPUT,

JIM

To my experience that Motul, is the WORST  Gear oil, I have ever used. That's because it seems that my bike is ''melting'' it, of some short. It leaked like crazy from the back bevel drive (O.K.  I have to change some gaskets there) , but after 4-5K km or so , the bike doesn't shift as well as before either.

Yep they use it in Agostini shop , so they got to know , for sure they know , but all I can say is that it didn't fit in my bike ,perhaps is better on the newer ones... :huh2:

EDIT= I wrote all the above but as it seems I was refering to the MOTYLGEAR andNOT

to the GEAR 300

They are in identical bottles and since I didn't remember the title I had to check it out at my local store and I found out that the one it was used on my bike was the MOTYLGEAR, I remember that at the botom end of the ettiquete it was writen 'technosynthese' and that's for sure the oils I am refering to at my above comment.

So I am correcting this here and sorry for any misconvenience my comment perhaps caused. :blush:

I don't have any experience with the Gear300 that it actually was about double more costy than the Motylgear and is full synthetic , (logicaly it has to be better quality) contrary to the semi-synthetic Motulgear I was refering to.

Rest of my post stay the same :

What I do know for sure is that MOTOREX gear oil 80-90 (HYPOID) together with their additiv HPLS (especially for the back bevel) Rocks, and Recently I tried the Castrol MTX 75-140 (suggested to me by a very experienced bike and car tunner and a fellow Guzzisti)on the back bevel it can take a lot of 'stretch' and still perform,leaking was eliminated..

Yet to put it in the gear box (will do soon.... soon :grin: ) and my dear fellow guzzisti with his tuned Daytona told me the gear change is 'butter' smooth. So far I have tried it (in the bevel drive) it rocks as well. Definatelly at 20Eur, a liter was the most expencive gear oil I have ever used, though 'till now it proves me it's worth!

Motul motor oils are quite different story (in my bike as well).I have been satisfied with the 300V competition.

MOTUL 15 BUCKS A QUART

Yes, clearly a matter of "getting what you pay for". Remember, Gear 300 uses a 100% ester formulation not the usual PAO base stock encountered in most synthetic oils. Hence Gear 300 will set you back a few dollars more given its composition (with its intended racing application...) OTOH, my V11 has never found a false neutral and shifts like a Hyabusa since I've been running the Motul.

I think if you Google around a bit, you should be able to find it for 13ish dollars a quart with free shippping-

Whether $8 or $20 a quart, the box takes 850ml and costs $3800US to replace.

I say more, gooder, better oil, more often is good medicine!

The bevel box is a separate and distinct mystery and the voodoo of moly/"synthetic" moly or *no* moly remains in the realm of altars and chants . . .