WP

Guest Jaap

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told in school that Sweden (and Scandinavia) is part of Europe. But not a member of the European Union.

Only we try to stand out from the rest of Europe

by producing superior products like Öhlins forks and shock :rolleyes:

(You started this)

As for Scandinavia:

Your getting old Jaap (left school too long ago). :D

Sweden, Denmark and Finland is part of EU nowadays,

Norway and Iceland is not.

callison wrote:

> Ohlins is owned by Yamaha. Where do we go from here?

Majority-owned buy Yamaha,

the founders still holds a minority share and

controls the daily operation of the company.

Hey Al, they are both European products, so probably equal in their superiority!

uh oh.... here we go again :rolleyes:

Thinking though... it's funny that we don't have any high-performance aftermarket front suspension manufacturers in the USA. Penske makes shocks, but no one seems to make anything on par with WP, Ohlins, Showa, etc... odd

BTW, Paul's friend wants about 1200Euro for his used Paolis, but they are indeed too short for the LeMans unless you don't mind using some "under the triple clamp" bars. However he said that the stock brake calipers can be used, and will fit. That's really not too bad, but I just don't have that kind of cash lying around right now.

al

Thinking though... it's funny that we don't have any high-performance aftermarket front suspension manufacturers in the USA. Penske makes shocks, but no one seems to make anything on par with WP, Ohlins, Showa, etc... odd

Why does that surprise you? There aren't any large high performance motorcycle manufacturers in the USA. <_>

Guest Jaap
Sweden, Denmark and Finland is part of EU nowadays

Göran, you are off course right, I was confused with NATO.

Why does that surprise you? There aren't any large high performance motorcycle manufacturers in the USA.

touche ;)

But seriously, I like the new XB9S from Buell. I went by my local HD boutique and got some new lenses for the signals, and checked out the bike. It's build quality was leaps and bounds better than previous Buells, and the bike was much nicer looking than the photos suggest. Very interesting and unique bike.

I think it'd be fun around town... :)

al