V11recall

ALdad

Hi all guzzi people. I am very close to buying a 2000 sport. I mentioned the recalls on the tranni and the conrods to mark at moto classics in long beach CA. A highly respeced guzzi guy. He knew about the tranni but not the conrods?. My question is, If I picked up a sport and the recalls have not been done how would I find out what serial #s are to be fixed or is it on all 2000 bikes. Do I just roll into a dealer and say fix it ? any sugestions on proper protocall in handling this would be appreciated I don't want to buy a bike and get stuck with a repair. Cheer!!

There should be a record of any recalls, and completed recalls, based on the vin number of the bike. I'm stepping out on a limb here, but a dealer ought to be able to reference that information. I don't know if a private individual could or not.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

I agree with zoom zoom, but you should get as much info from whom you are buying the bike from as possible. Surely they must know what they did and didn't do. It could turn into a headache otherwise. Get it taken care of before you buy.

There should be a record of any recalls, and completed recalls, based on the vin number of the bike. I'm stepping out on a limb here, but a dealer ought to be able to reference that information. I don't know if a private individual could or not.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

There are some recalls listed for the Guzzis in this site

A safety recall is a safety recall. MG must repair for free any bike that has not had the work done. A dealer can find out for you. The recalls on the Guzzis should not be a purchase concern.

I'd be more concerned about any modifications done to the bike and wether they were properly sorted or not. Many strap on aftermarket bits and never get them sorted out, leavinga bike with low mileage and lots of nice bits. It can be a bother getting everything sorted and some just give up and let it sit until they finally sell.

It's a buyer's market for v11's right now. Even though I have one of the few problem machines, I still recommend the bike to people as it is one of the few modern bikes that an owner with modest knowledge can work on easily themselves. Especially with the support of this forum.

cheers,

Rj