twin plate chatter

Josh

I know there have been a million posts on guzzi clutch noise, and I would describe the noise as a chatter.

My bike has suddenly developed a squeak along with the chatter at about 11,000 miles. It's been doing this for a couple hundred miles now and doesn't seem to affect anything. Anybody got any ideas as to what it may be or is it something that I should be concerned about?

josh,

I know time is tight ,but try to slim by Corse Motorsports and let Andy or Alain listen to it before we go to the vintage event at Barber's Friday.

Noise is one thing, but 'new' noise is always something to be concerned about . . .

I know there have been a million posts on guzzi clutch noise, and I would describe the noise as a chatter.

My bike has suddenly developed a squeak along with the chatter at about 11,000 miles. It's been doing this for a couple hundred miles now and doesn't seem to affect anything. Anybody got any ideas as to what it may be or is it something that I should be concerned about?

Is this squeeking only when you depress the clutch lever, or does it happen all the time?

Steve

Josh

Not sure this will be helpful but if its a squeak just when you pull in the clutch lever (and/or let it out) its probably just the unlubbed splines squeeking a little, mine did it for ages before I was worried/bored enough to whip out the engine and lube them (not too much or the grease finds its way onto the clutch plates).

Its now squeak free but my worries were probably a little unfounded as there was no wear evident when I took it apart after 20,000 miles. :huh2:

Mal :helmet: .

Josh

Not sure this will be helpful but if its a squeak just when you pull in the clutch lever (and/or let it out) its probably just the unlubbed splines squeeking a little, mine did it for ages before I was worried/bored enough to whip out the engine and lube them (not too much or the grease finds its way onto the clutch plates).

Its now squeak free but my worries were probably a little unfounded as there was no wear evident when I took it apart after 20,000 miles. :huh2:

Mal :helmet: .

It only squeaks when the lever is pulled in, you are probably are right its probably dry splines. It seems to work fine just makes a dry squeaking noise.

Hmmm . . . they wouldn't be prone to bending chasing a well ridden LeMans with Gianellis across the Cherohala Parkway with a Daytona breathing fire alongside?

Josh, I still hope to see you in Huntland tomorrow about 3:30 on the way to the Barber Vintage Festival. We all have noisy clutches and won't make any disparaging comments. You know , things like, "Is it supposed to sound like that?" or "I'd have that looked at if I were you." or "Let me ride ahead in case it grenades."

No, really, I promise. We won't even make pensive faces . . . :o:(:unsure: