Mounting the Guzzi Titanium exhausts

Admin Jaap

To be honest, this pisses me off... Such a bad fitting and such big bucks.

It's not that difficult to produce a fitting set; the Mistrals fit perfectly!

Now, any suggestions besides booze, drugs or women, to get over the frustration? :D

Indeed, that's my point. When MG market these as purpose made accessories, why don't they make the effort to supply purpose made parts instead of the same part for both sides? Not really good enough.

As for suggestions: well you know that I like the big hammer, but I resisted in this case – and used a hacksaw instead. Despite making a fundamental mistake when I cut a section off the Stucchi, I still got it pretty good and certainly neater than the result when everything is just plugged together as it comes. I recommend a small, judicious chop.

Startwin.

I have no clue either why the original pipes are so wide running, I once made some connecting pipes for a set Bos silencers, an got them running parallel and narrow, on a stucci crossover.

DSC02391.JPG

Paul and Jaap

on the picture Paul posted the cans don't look symmetrical nor parallel, albeit it's not the worst look at all. The Titaniums should come out very tight below the rear end of the seat, nearly interfering with the indicators. Then they look good. Actually some copied this look for the back of the Aprilias.

At home I have a picture from Jaap's meeting in 2004. One dutch fellow had them attached perfectly, on a green short frame V11. Wait a bit and you'll see what is possible.

BTW, actually I'd not use tape to protect them, as I've written. Now I think a good solution would be the use of a piece of a inner tube, strapped over the cans where the clamps are. If everything fits you can mark the clamps and cut the rest off. This would also further improve the fitting and the problem with getting them tight.

Hubert

on the picture Paul posted the cans don't look symmetrical nor parallel, albeit it's not the worst look at all. The Titaniums should come out very tight below the rear end of the seat, nearly interfering with the indicators. Then they look good. Actually some copied this look for the back of the Aprilias.

That's too high, with aftermarket indicators,

DSCN4163.jpg

which is why I lowered mine

DSCN4494.jpg V11.jpg

There are loads of good pics on here showing how to fit these by reversing the replacement footpeg/can hangers. Mine are dead level now: the only problem is a bit of "walking" on the RH can when it gets very hot!

Reversing the hangers puts the footpegs at a bad angle ??

If you let me have your e-mail I'll send you some detailed pictures. If I recall, I failed to upload the files last time!

The pegs end up sitting vertically when closed, and, according to my 15 year old daughter, who is pretty tall, are comfy in use: if a bit higher than they were with the OE cans.

If you let me have your e-mail I'll send you some detailed pictures. If I recall, I failed to upload the files last time!

The pegs end up sitting vertically when closed, and, according to my 15 year old daughter, who is pretty tall, are comfy in use: if a bit higher than they were with the OE cans.

Cheers. It is more the angle that they sit at when they are 'unfolded'. But it's not the end of the world, particularly if passengers aren't often carried.