How many forum members does it take to change a light?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "light" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and light group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again...

(this last one kills me, I totally thought BFG!!!!, no lurker but sure likes to rekindle arguements) :lol:

That is .... e094.gif .....1361 members.I don't think there are so many 'active' members here. :lol:

Ahh but there are members here that can fit into each one, *Ahem *coughBFG, *CoughBFG

:lol:

makes the math work better, and truly there are enough when you look at it that way. The more I look at the Ducati's and the proposed 1098 being cheaper, more reliable and more powerful and reportetly much more beautiful I'll go back to my original obession of an RSV, good all-arounder and not an I4. Aprilia can be the cousin, or is it brother? used to the stepfather. :huh2:

sorry for the extreme tangent I got it from their page, they may have more members but its all in the calibur of the members. I like it here better, well when everyone is around. Must be the busy season, but not here its fricken cold here.

I'll go back to my original obession of an RSV, good all-arounder and not an I4. Aprilia can be the cousin, or is it brother? used to the stepfather. :huh2:

Aha !!! so in the current issue of MOTORRAD, magazine there is a comparative test between RSV 1000R factory, the Benelli Tornado1130 the Ducati 999S and the MV Agusta F4, guess who wins the test and in every of the following categories? . MOTOR, Chasis, Safety,Everyday-allround,Komfort,Costs-Enviroment

Can you guess?

Next issue comes presentation of the 1200S

Aha !!! so in the current issue of MOTORRAD, magazine there is a comparative test between RSV 1000R factory, the Benelli Tornado1130 the Ducati 999S and the MV Agusta F4, guess who wins the test and in every of the following categories? . MOTOR, Chasis, Safety,Everyday-allround,Komfort,Costs-Enviroment

Can you guess?

Next issue comes presentation of the 1200S

stop keeping me in suspense, who won? :grin:

ALSO I knew I saw that lightbulb thing somewhere b4, oh well I guess I added to the bring up an old thread 6 months later I am no better than BFG :(

stop keeping me in suspense, who won? :grin:

ALSO I knew I saw that lightbulb thing somewhere b4, oh well I guess I added to the bring up an old thread 6 months later I am no better than BFG :(

The RSV 100R factory did.

Each category has around 10 different sections upon which the bike gets it's score RSV scored in all of the higher than the other 3 AND furthermore, highest scores in over all supersports class (form all the supersport bikes around) were given in : Presicion in steering (at the chasis category), headlight and dipped headlight. (at the safety category). Theoritic miliage and weight load,( at the all day category.) Build quality and emissions (at the Costs-enviroment categ.)

So , there you have it-

The RSV 100R factory did.

Each category has around 10 different sections upon which the bike gets it's score RSV scored in all of the higher than the other 3 AND furthermore, highest scores in over all supersports class (form all the supersport bikes around) were given in : Presicion in steering (at the chasis category), headlight and dipped headlight. (at the safety category). Theoritic miliage and weight load,( at the all day category.) Build quality and emissions (at the Costs-enviroment categ.)

So , there you have it-

SWEEEEET!!!! that settles its I'll be calling me insurance agent and hopefully adding an silver RSV with arrow exhaust this spring :xmas:

SWEEEEET!!!! that settles its I'll be calling me insurance agent and hopefully adding an silver RSV with arrow exhaust this spring :xmas:

OK , in just for he shake of it.In their own words.

motorradtestoc8.jpg

Don' ask to translate all,will take too much time , few bits can do though . :)

TopSpeed M, gave a measurment of a whooping 293km/h

Few things you might mind : Verbrauch is consumption, (here at country street riding) Kupplung is the clutch, Schaltung is about Gear change, Geradeaustabilität is Stability in riding straight (also at higher speeds I suppose) Schräglagefreiheit is the ability-freedom of the bike to lean big angles,Bremsstabilität is the stability of the brakes,

Lenkerschlagen/shimy is about tank slappin (lower values means tankslapper).

And now we're actually doing it..........!!!!

Go, guys! :D:D:D

[love the smiley thingie, Martin]

That's why it was doubly funny and deserved the special roflmao smiley.

Not sure where I stole it from, if I see one I particularly like - right click to save it to my machine and then put into my photobucket account then treat like a picture

OK , in just for he shake of it.In their own words.

motorradtestoc8.jpg

Don' ask to translate all,will take too much time , few bits can do though . :)

TopSpeed M, gave a measurment of a whooping 293km/h

Few things you might mind : Verbrauch is consumption, (here at country street riding) Kupplung is the clutch, Schaltung is about Gear change, Geradeaustabilität is Stability in riding straight (also at higher speeds I suppose) Schräglagefreiheit is the ability-freedom of the bike to lean big angles,Bremsstabilität is the stability of the brakes,

Lenkerschlagen/shimy is about tank slappin (lower values means tankslapper).

thanks for that I was able to decipher some of it and it appears Aprilia is really an underated bike. Ducati scored well on some things but really poor on something that I think has to do with service intervals :huh2:

ya I no speckin de duech. :(

thanks for that post Alex. :thumbsup:

BTW I realize now I'm a dumass and there shouldn't be any further talk of the said list at the top of this thread. cowbell.gif

thanks for that I was able to decipher some of it and it appears Aprilia is really an underated bike. Ducati scored well on some things but really poor on something that I think has to do with service intervals :huh2:

ya I no speckin de duech. :(

thanks for that post Alex. :thumbsup:

BTW I realize now I'm a dumass and there shouldn't be any further talk of the said list at the top of this thread. cowbell.gif

If you talk about the 'Inspektionskosten' =Service costs then yes , If there is anything else I can translate,

I'll try that, Martin: cheers!

Ben, Alex: when did the World change? I buy a bike if it does something to the small of my back [other than crush a vertebra] when I ride it, or, in extreme cases, when I look at it. What's with the charts? Women use things like this to choose kitchens, for God's sake!!!

He said, in despair for the youth of the planet :D