Icon recon jeans

thgil

I have just been looking at the icon recon jeans from motorcycle superstore.com in the states and was wondering do any of you guys in the states wear them if so are they any good?And where would you recommend i bought a pair from.Cheers.

Nice parts. it's not "gear" per se, but they do feel very sturdy and think they would hold up great in a low-speed crash, definitely better than most jeans anyway. Very Comfortable on the bike and off, would recommend.

Sam :race:

I have been using the Icon riding jeans. Not all that protective, but much cooler than the better protective riding jeans. Comfortable and make you think your protecting yourself.

Look for "Dragon Jeans" they are kevlar reinforced at the knees and seat. Good protection but kevlar is a great insulator, Monkey Butt Warning!

:mg:

It's a wonder you Americans ever make it to the mall, you're so unfit.

its because we don't smoke enough. Look around too, everyones gettin fatter, you'll be next. I've been the same weight even when I was working out regularly 225lbs I flux between 220 and 230 call me fat but I bet I could take your wirey arse in a fight. put'em up, put'em up :glare:

:D

anyone seen supersizeme? that nice fat americans McDonalds mockumentary that was barely based on science. I love how they interviewed this french woman who said back home the small was the large and she couldn't eat all this food, she was disgusted, well she weighted 300LBS!!! she's getting the food from some f'n place, and the way she was obviously looking down on the americans, please go buy a tread mill and read poetry you fatty french woman. :huh2:

:whistle:

which brings me back to my points, Anywhere in the USofA to get such a nice looking uber durable pair of jeans?

which brings me back to my points, Anywhere in the USofA to get such a nice looking uber durable pair of jeans?

Ben,

I've had the Draggin' jeans for about 3 years now and I'm happy with them. Lots of kevlar in the knees, hips and seat but they are still comfortable enough to wear all day. I don't have the optional armor. Thankfully I haven't crash tested them.

I'm about your weight and usually wear 36" waist Levi jeans. My Draggin' jeans 36" waist "relaxed fit" style seem just a little bit tighter in the waist than the Levi's than I normally wear. When they start to feel too snug I know it's time to pick up another night of hockey and get more exercise! :grin:

http://www.dragginjeans.com/

It's a wonder you Americans ever make it to the mall, you're so unfit.

This gets my vote for stupidest remark of the year on this forum.

Thank you, thank you. You are too, too kind.

It was in reference to the typo of Deben's - "weary" instead of "wary".

Here's a new one for you.

It's a wonder you Americans don't get smacked in the mouth more often, you have such a lack of a sense of humour.

8-)

Thank you, thank you. You are too, too kind.

It was in reference to the typo of Deben's - "weary" instead of "wary".

Here's a new one for you.

It's a wonder you Americans don't get smacked in the mouth more often, you have such a lack of a sense of humour.

8-)

I wouldn't be surprised if you've been smacked in the mouth a few times given your sense of "humour" there Mike. Thanks for contributing so much on the topic of Icon jeans.