ducati 1098, lookin desmoRR

Aguy at work bought a Classic Sport. Sold it recently as he couldn't ride it. He's about 6" shorter than me (makes him about 5'8) and a real bean pole. Loved the bike but couldn't ride a tank of gas without being crippled for a couple days.

Same universal complaint with the MHe. Gorgeous bikes, rideable by nobody. Ducati took a fabulous idea and botched it up proper!

C'mon MG - where's the V7 retro bike??? Make it perform, make it rideable, sell to the masses! How difficult can that be? :huh2:

Rj

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are big Neanderthalers. This beauty is a great machine.

Don’t forget, it is made in Italy, and maybe tested by Italians. So somebody there was getting on the bike and try it for the right measure. :mg:

Well mister Giuseppe, the colleague of mister Mario is 170 cm long and Mario 172 cm.

They took the middle of it and that’s the result. I am 174 cm and it will be perfect to me.

Did you see Jim on his MGS01? Looks like as “een kut op Dirk” :grin:

BTW, pipes is not a problem, and that’s a retro bike, this machine does not need high pipes :!:

The bike is going to be Stronger Faster and Better built than the 999, It is also going to have cheaper service due to it being redesigned to make the engine last longer and maintain easier. This is what I've heard from the Ducati guys that own ducati dealers and work for ducati, new price out the door in the US for a base 1098 will be $15k around 17-18 for the S and 19-20 for the Tri-color. Cheaper and farther apart service intervals. I will probably buy one of these in 5 years. :food:

:bier:

Did you see Jim on his MGS01? Looks like as “een kut op Dirk” :grin:

Hey there, banaan jongen! I don't know what that means but I know what kut means. I hope you are being nice now!!

I read that the new Ducati 1098 has a Digitek dash - the same as the Desmosedici and the MGS-01. I like this new bike already!

Looks hott, I WANT one. :food:

:lol:

ducati1098def2fp2.jpg

ducati1098def1ma3.jpg

ducati1098def3ol7.jpg

notice the platent MV tail rip off, still looks nice tho. Guzzi should follow suit and make a road legal MGS-01!!!!!! damnit!

apparently we're not supposed to see this until next week. I bet someone miffed that up.

The thing looks like a ZX10 to me!!

No one can design like Massimo Bordi [916].

Ciao, Steve

No one can design like Massimo Bordi [916].

Ciao, Steve

To me looks like a crossing of Desmosidicci , 999, with a mono swingarm.

:2c: Looks good but not as "original" as the 999 and the 916, it looks like it's trying to be instead of being.

that's about the looks

does that to me too: the front is very kawasaki like, the belly is typical ZX9, and there's a hint of 675 and MV here and there. i think it's butt ugly, but i wait to see it live...

interestingly enough, the 1098 seems to have the approval of much of the japanese bikes buyers...I don't recall seeing as much criticism as when the 999 came out and actually i do read a lot of 'wow, i want one' coming from those crowds.

i thought i would never write this: BRING TERREBLANCHE BACK :)