Choose wisely!!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which statement describes this thread best!

• By doubting, we come to inquiry, and by inquiry we come to truth!
    • The faith of the righteous believes; it does not dispute!

The only truth we were left with was relative truth, and absolute truth was abandoned.

We were still left with dispute, but it was only absolute dispute. The faith of the self proclaimed righteous does believe that their position is wrong. Their relative truth is so strong, their is no room for dispute. So it seems the more logical choice for this poll to describe the nightmarish global warming thread is, "The faith of the righteous believes; it does not dispute!"

I am sure I'll be misunderstood, and I suppose it is possible I misunderstood the two quotes, as they read about as easily as Dostoevsky :huh:

Not at all.

There may be Gaia religionists on the thread, but they have simply continued to spout from their Holy Scriptures and have not considered the state of the art.

There are also militant atheists on the thread who have simply continued to decry the declamations of the holy GW preisthood, equally without considering scientific and evidential developments. Indeed, the most militant of these atheists has invoked strange otherworldly science fiction concerning purple planets, and recommended the abuse of anaesthetic and other psychotropic materials as a route to enlightenment.

Between these two ridiculous, untenable and extreme banks runs the river of truth: Sometimes it is closer to one bank, and then to the other. In some sections the truth dives deep into the gorge of mystery to avoid the clamour of argument at the surface when the banks are close enough to shout at each other.

Most sensible visitors to the thread are afloat on the river, not sitting on the banks with the hide bound and closed minded.

So, in fact, By doubting, we come to inquiry, and by inquiry we come to truth!

Do you really think that there are more than 5 members actually following thw GW thread?

My vote: :huh2:

I think world leaders google for anthropogenic global warming and ofcourse dlaing, and they find the thread and make their decisions based on our incredible insight. :bier: (I am being sarcastic)

..... and I suppose it is possible I misunderstood the two quotes, as they read about as easily as Dostoevsky :huh:

Sorry Dave. I have kept the origins of these statements unknown for now so as not to influence the poll. I hope it will be clear in a few days when I clarify the statements.

Most of the comments so far have been well stated and in line with what I hoped to show everyone.

Cheers

Jim

Sorry Dave. I have kept the origins of these statements unknown for now so as not to influence the poll. I hope it will be clear in a few days when I clarify the statements.

Most of the comments so far have been well stated and in line with what I hoped to show everyone.

Cheers

Jim

""There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking."

- Alfred Korzybski

"The first key to wisdom is assiduous questioning;...."

-unknown

Do you really think that there are more than 5 members actually following thw GW thread?

My vote: :huh2:

Jaap, you are obviously wrong given that 7 people have voted!

I hope all responsible and politically aware members are following this excellent thread dealing with one of the major propaganda issues of our time.

In the 13th century scholars, such as Roger Bacon, tried to use reason to understand Christian ideas.

The French scholar Peter Abelard argued that we should as questions. 'By doubting , we come to inquiry, and by inquiry we come to truth.'

Churchmen like Bernard of Clairvaux opposed scholastics: 'the faith of the righteous believes; it does not dispute.'

In the 13th century scholars, such as Roger Bacon, tried to use reason to understand Christian ideas.

The French scholar Peter Abelard argued that we should as questions. 'By doubting , we come to inquiry, and by inquiry we come to truth.'

Churchmen like Bernard of Clairvaux opposed scholastics: 'the faith of the righteous believes; it does not dispute.'

And since you have inquiry and "truth" on both sides, the reasonable scholars then need to determine which is more valid, the theories of free enterprise extremists, or the theories of everyone else.