Guzzis on sale

Garsdad

and he said that to make the '06 models clear out of the showroom, they are dropping the prices by $1500 and Guzzi is offering 12 months of no payments, no interest financing.

"Gee, Honey, I really am not paying anything for it... Moto Guzzi just asked me to store it in the garage and ride it a little for a year or so..."

So, if you need a new Griso, this could be your chance to buy one for what it should have listed for in the first place.

and he said that to make the '06 models clear out of the showroom, they are dropping the prices by $1500 and Guzzi is offering 12 months of no payments, no interest financing.

"Gee, Honey, I really am not paying anything for it... Moto Guzzi just asked me to store it in the garage and ride it a little for a year or so..."

So, if you need a new Griso, this could be your chance to buy one for what it should have listed for in the first place.

I've always thought the new Guzzis were too much money, and at 1500$ off, still a bit much.

Ciao, Steve

This is the one instance I know of where the dealer doesn't take the hit. It's working, too. We sold two new Aprilias this afternoon, since anouncement of the deal.

With the 4V head griso coming out soon I bet they will have to really drop the price on the 2v's to move them. I wonder if they are going to keep making the 2v 1100 Griso ?

BMW took the same approach when they celebrated the 80 years anniversary. 0,8% interest for max 2 years. They wanted the R1150RT to be the top seller, and (surprise surprise) they managed to do so.... Talked to the dealer and even 6 month old RT's where changed by a new one with this finance deal. Later they also provided it for the GS, and it sold like crazy too...

I think it is good to boost short term sales, but it still is a lot of money and you have to pay it all back...

Just my :2c:

BMW took the same approach when they celebrated the 80 years anniversary. ...

and what about the very diversely appreciated move by Ducati to sell the 1098 3.000 Euros less in the USA than in Europe ? Are we going to see huge import to Europe like we saw back early 90's with lots of HD and bikes from the US ?

I think they might make the 4v griso 3k more expensive, then there is market for the 2v, as there is for the 850.

For 3K more, I would hope we'll get more than just four more valves.

Maybe upgraded suspension :huh2:

But good point. I am sure the 8V won't replace the 2Vx2 at the same price, although that is what they should do to do to remain competative with BMW.

I really like the R1200R and wish Guzzi could build something close in performance, with ABS and a close price.

When I bought my V65SP in 1985 it was $400 less than an R65 and much less than an R65LS. When I bought the V11S in 2000 it had a higher MSRP than the BMW R1100R, but the Guzzi was cheaper out the door.

MGS12008V with or without ABS and they will have a lot of sales if they can price match the BMW R1200S, or a Ducati ST1098...assuming they make such a thing :food: