Hi :)

rda

I've been the proud owner of a 2001 V11 Sport now for 3 days :) And already have found you guys (from googling like mad) in trying to sort out its starting problem; from the forum posts it would appear to be those bloody relays ;)

Anyway I'm already planning some nice mods to her, Mistral Ti ovals and Stuchhi bellypan are already on their way - closely followed by some decent relays !

I hope to one day be able to offer others the benefit of my advice, but for now at least I will be the one asking all the stupid questions :P

Oh and Hello from chilly Scotland !

Ross

guzzimms.jpg

valvecover.jpg

Those are some nicely painted valve covers :thumbsup: I think that look goes good with the red frame.

Thanks, Ill quite gladly take the credit for them, even though I had nothing to do with the painting and had no idea that they are not standard :P

Hmm it also looks like you have some very nicely polished aftermarket exhaust flange things. The previous owner must have liked that area of the bike a lot. I havent spotted anything else that looks like custom pieces yet. Maybe we can make a game of who can spot the most aftermarket gear?

Edit: Upon closer inspection those do look like stock items. Is your bike still very low mileage? Mine are pretty crappy looking after 16k miles.

Edit: Upon closer inspection those do look like stock items. Is your bike still very low mileage? Mine are pretty crappy looking after 16k miles.

Aye, I think the previous owner was scared of the rain, she only has 5k miles on her. Either that or he could never get her started :P

What the hell are doing googling? :helmet: Get out and ride my man, go ride.

Nice bike, BTW!

Cheers :)

Oh I intend to ride her, already booked up for the NW200 in Northern Ireland 2007 :) and brought her home during the first sleet of the year. Brrrrrrrrrr :P

Hi Ross- welcome to the forum!!

If you are not already a member it is worth joing the Moto Guzzi Club GB- details on this link:

MGCGB

Regards

Guy :helmet:

Cheers Guy, I fully intend to get that sorted ASAP. A mate was a member before his Le Mans blew its head off :(

Poor soul now has an SV650 - hes jealous as hell of my new toy, just a pity hes a shortarse and cannot ride the newer Guzzis.

Hi Ross welcome to the forum. I had to go and check mine was still there, I thought I had the only green V11 with red heads. It must be a Scottish thing as my bike was originally from North of the Border. They where not that well painted in a matt paint and I intended to respray them silver but the red grew on me so red they stayed. I used Plasti-cote enamel from B&Q finish has survived 20,000 miles so far.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine.

deadguzzi.jpgWANTED.jpg

And a picture of the head itself.

Cheers Gary :bier:

red_head.jpg

Hi Ross welcome to the forum. I had to go and check mine was still there, I thought I had the only green V11 with red heads. It must be a Scottish thing as my bike was originally from North of the Border. They where not that well painted in a matt paint and I intended to respray them silver but the red grew on me so red they stayed. I used Plasti-cote enamel from B&Q finish has survived 20,000 miles so far.

deadguzzi.jpgWANTED.jpg

And a picture of the head itself.

Cheers Gary :bier:

I have the factory painted red covers & I think yours look better than the factory paint :2c: I've been thinking about powder coating mine for awhile but seeing yours I may just go with a nice coat of paint.

[

Heh thats funny, my bike is originally from your side of the border, just. Registered from Borders Bikes, Berwick upon Tweed.

:)

Gary, what about primer/undercoat?

Martin doesn't like shiny things... :rolleyes:

Welcome Ross! You mean you ride in the rain...in Scotland...in November? Good lord man - no wonder the bike doesn't want to start! :D

KB :sun:

Hi Martin, I used U-POL ACID #8, an acid etch primer, then Plasti-Kote Super enamel primer and top coat, which is Bright Red. I have also used their Silver to paint the alternator cover and diff housing. It is not a bad match to the original colour. The alternator cover has stood up well without much damage through 15,000 miles as have the heads, although these have picked up a couple of chips. The diff has only beeen done since the spring, but is still looking fine. I will at some point during the winter attempt to fit a roper windage tray if I can get one and while it's apart paint the sump and the mounting spacer, in attempt to tidy up the engine.

Cheers Gary red_head1.jpg