Guy Webster Video

Lex

All,

I've a had the pleasure of one visit to this Guy's house, it is truly amazing. :notworthy:

I have never thought of a MV F4 as pedestrian but the one parked in Guy's laundry (yup, right next to the washer and drier) room looked pretty low profile compared to the bikes around it. :P:

I didn't see this posted here recently, if I missed it my apologies in advance for the double post.

Guy Webster Video

Lex

Guest ratchethack

Webster is a bit of a local legend hereabouts. One story has it that an Italian Contessa, heir to one of the great Italian moto marques, heard about Webster's collection and made a special trip from Italy to visit. When Guy led her into his main collection room, she broke down in tears, totally overcome. Evidently such a collection doesn't exist in Italy. A local Euro-Moto group that I'm loosely affiliated with has been wangling for a priviate visit, and I'm on the "if & when" list. . . . . . :helmet:

Webster is a bit of a local legend hereabouts. One story has it that an Italian Contessa, heir to one of the great Italian moto marques, heard about Webster's collection and made a special trip from Italy to visit. When Guy led her into his main collection room, she broke down in tears, totally overcome. Evidently such a collection doesn't exist in Italy. A local Euro-Moto group that I'm loosely affiliated with has been wangling for a priviate visit, and I'm on the "if & when" list. . . . . . :helmet:

Unless he's changed policies, Guy will open it up to anybody who visits on a motorcycle. Just give him a call and see when (if?) you can come. You don't need to wait on a Euro-Moto group that may never get around to it.

Ah yes, Ojai, Ca. is quite a hotbed of motorcycle afluent residents. Guy's collection was one of many collections we took in last spring at the Inter. Laverda Rally hosted by Ojai resident and great guy Bob Andren, also a lover of Italia, and crazy about Laverdas. The man himself Piero Laverda and his son Giovanni rode in with the rest of us on around 50 Laverdas to this collection, which was my favourite of this time in Ojai. Guy's collection of MV's is truly spectacular for me, and I would sell a kidney to have an 850 America in my garage.

This video brings back very good memories.

Ciao, Steve

The second Central California Anti Rally Rally visited Guy Webster's collection a few years ago. It was nothing short of fantastic and Guy is the perfect motorcycle gentleman. I wish there was someway to download the video so I could keep it on my computer or random and enthusiastic viewing.

The second Central California Anti Rally Rally visited Guy Webster's collection a few years ago. It was nothing short of fantastic and Guy is the perfect motorcycle gentleman. I wish there was someway to download the video so I could keep it on my computer or random and enthusiastic viewing.

I have the video "downloaded" it is in .flv format . it's 37+MB you can have it like this:

1.Go to site and see the video with Internet explorer.(let the whole thing download till is all playable and don't close the explorer)

2.Open Start>Search>files or folders and click on the all files and folders. then go to "look in"tab and browse

the search to: C>Documents and settings>the user name you are>Local settings>Temporary internet files. and press OK (extend the "more advanced options" tag and check search sytem folders and hidden files as well)

3.On the search bar write .flv and press search, the: 155872646_171042471_e719f3ea5e2d247c8b78f64a3d838c9df960810b.flv or something simmilar file will appear.

4.Copy-paste it anywheere on your desctop ,

5.Then you will need an FLV player to see it.

I use the Riva flv player it is Free and available at download.com

a063.gif

All,

I've a had the pleasure of one visit to this Guy's house, it is truly amazing. :notworthy:

I have never thought of a MV F4 as pedestrian but the one parked in Guy's laundry (yup, right next to the washer and drier) room looked pretty low profile compared to the bikes around it. :P:

I didn't see this posted here recently, if I missed it my apologies in advance for the double post.

Guy Webster Video

Lex

Not working. Is there a way to post it here, or make it available to download in avi or mov or mpeg or another comman format?

I've tried the cache file recovery and it's worked well in the past for a lot of things, but not for this video. I'm on a Mac though and Alex's method involves completely different software, operating system and file systems. I guess I'm going to have to let this one pass...

I've tried the cache file recovery and it's worked well in the past for a lot of things, but not for this video. I'm on a Mac though and Alex's method involves completely different software, operating system and file systems. I guess I'm going to have to let this one pass...

Yes I mean WinXp OS. It is a flash video , .flv instead of .swf flash thing . I don't lnow how these fromats are translated to Mac.

Not working. Is there a way to post it here, or make it available to download in avi or mov or mpeg or another comman format?

Converting the video to other format will conum much more space. But anyways of jaap give me a place and an access to upload it I could. It's 37.5MB though

I've got a fairly good flv player for the Mac. It's this particular video that I'm having trouble getting a clean download from. If it were on youtube or one of the common spots, there are extensions to Firefox to get a clean download. Not from the site where the Guy Webster video is though, so I resorted to finding the file in the browser cache. It's the right size (maybe), but is corrupted fairly in the video. After several of these tries, I'll just have to wait for the video to pop up somewhere else, be downloadable directly, or show up in a more computer friendly format.

I've got a fairly good flv player for the Mac. It's this particular video that I'm having trouble getting a clean download from. If it were on youtube or one of the common spots, there are extensions to Firefox to get a clean download. Not from the site where the Guy Webster video is though, so I resorted to finding the file in the browser cache. It's the right size (maybe), but is corrupted fairly in the video. After several of these tries, I'll just have to wait for the video to pop up somewhere else, be downloadable directly, or show up in a more computer friendly format.

If it is in the cache try finding it when you have made a "fresh" watch of he video(let it all appear in your browser and let your browser open. AFAIK if it is closed is kind of leaving such files corrupted.