Standard Equipment

Richard

While chatting to a friend the other day, the conversation natually turned to bikes and comparing his 1999 R6 to the V11. He mentioned wanting to get braided brake lines...... what?! I need to get some for the 350, the V11 and 1100 have them as standard.

Looking over the bikes, he was missing; braided brake lines, upside down forks, hydraulic clutch, ohlins suspension and about 20 lbs ft from the engine output! :mg: He was also wanted the brembo goldlines! Mightily jealous overall. :D

I suppose these beasts don't do too bad after all....... :helmet:

Difficult bikes to compare- but having both in the garage I'll have a go.

R6- light, flicky, fast steering, no torque but 3rd gear wheeelies if you thrash it

V11- loads of torque but pedestrian steering and wrestling match in tight corners

All the Ohlins and Brembo bling does not make the V11 quicker than the R6, but I still prefer it because it has soul.

:bike:

So you dind't tell him, you wanted the rosso to be as light and short as the r1?

Fair one. I do like the riding position of the R6, and it is a hell of a lot quicker, but it's just missing something........

Recently bought a ZX14 Kawasaki - wonderful bike that makes up for those 20 missing ft lbs of torque and

then some - but you are still right - it is still missing something. Now that I've re-remembered that the

missing something is in my cafe guzzi my Guzzi gets more miles than ever.

Kaput