Timing Cover

Richard

Does anyone know if there is a specific torque setting for bolting the timing cover back onto the engine and if there is a specific order of tightening? Also what are the torque settings for the mounting bolts which go into the timing cover, please?

Does anyone know if there is a specific torque setting for bolting the timing cover back onto the engine and if there is a specific order of tightening? Also what are the torque settings for the mounting bolts which go into the timing cover, please?

Torgue is 0.8-1.2kgm don't know how this trnaslates to Nm, a criss cross pattern would be ok for the covers, gradually tightening them., there isn't any big deal about them since the right torgue and a pattern is applied.

Guest ratchethack

Richard, as Alex noted, the tightening sequence for the timing chest isn't critical. It's not like a cylinder head. The service manual recommends 6 - 7 Nm torque on the 5x0,8 screws.

The manual has no listing for the engine mounting bolts, but an old torque chart for Guzzi Big Block motors has the chassis to timing chest bolt torque at 8 kgm or 57 ft.-lb.

Cheers guys. I really ought to get round to buying a manual, but I keep on spending all my money on parts to repair the things! :luigi: Didn't think there would be an order, but wanted to check as it is supporting the front of the engine and most of the bike when it's on the sidestand!

Cheers guys. I really ought to get round to buying a manual, but I keep on spending all my money on parts to repair the things! :luigi: Didn't think there would be an order, but wanted to check as it is supporting the front of the engine and most of the bike when it's on the sidestand!

Check your PM

Guest Mattress

I posted a torque chart from the manual a few months ago. Maybe that is an item that could get pinned in "how to" section.