What are we going to do in2007

Guest jim fordham

Guest jim fordham

I only went for half hour on Friday rich nicked the wife's car (don't do rain any more). Got a mad December so I cant see the bike seeing the light till Jan.

Back to business. I like the idea of the scottish next year (not sure about the others at solent branch)

I need at least one track day and a trip across the pond. A moto gp would be good , not been to a 4 smoke one yet .

The German doo sounds good , I am not sure about Ir land and I may give the V twin a miss . Its not the same when its 20 minutes down the road , I miss the ship Inn at shaftesbury.

I keep thinking about selling the scura and getting a race bike and a cheap hack for the road (maybe a older V11).

I hate the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

The Grumblemonger dropped on the mat this morning. Quick thumb through to find out about the Erin (Irish rally) It's had it's status dropped no longer an official rally, there is no organised camping, just the suggestion that B&B locally and centre around Creedon's Hotel.

This years was blighted by the toilets blocking and some unpleasantness in the middle of the night in the camp ground. The toilet issue could be prevented by ensuring that the stop cock is turned on and just not feeding from the water tank :homer: I missed the unpleasantness as in my drunken stupor down the far end of the site :D

Despite the heavy rain on Saturday from lunch time onwards, I've enjoyed this rally over the last two years. Given the opportunity to meet up with you fine fellows :drink::race::mg: we've had a rally within a rally.

With the German V11 the following weekend and Jaap's 5th Anniversary bash later in the year, I'm in a quandary which ones to do. I can't do the V11 & Buell Highland Fling due to jury service, this has a knock on to the viability of doing the RBR, as this would be the sole reason to go all that way

I've still have to secure the time off work for Jaap's, assuming I can get it. It looks like I'll drop the Erin in favour of Germany and Holland. Which should leave me brownie points for some waltzing around Wales, though the format could well be different as Orson's Tenni is back in Italy (though he does have a Thruxton over here also).

So in a bit of a quandary at this time, working through alternatives.

Just read my copy. The other bit of news is that the Scottish Rally is now 1st to 3rd June. This means I will have to miss it as we have planned to tour Europe first 2 weeks of June. I'll be giving Erin a miss too.

I'll be at Boxmeer, 5th Anniversary bash and the Scottish thingy in May that Chris kindly organises.

Also we have planned to honeymoon on our V11s in July in Applecross- who says romance is dead?

Guy :helmet:

It's gonna be a funny one this year, as I'm on standby for May, so any thing could happen work wise. I'm determined to make the Irish rally, especially as I'm in the (very) slow process of moving house ,so it's all a bit up in ther air.(Aren't I hilarious..I'm a pilot, see...up in the air.. oh , forget it).

I'm moving to county Clare, just a bit north of Limerick city so if anybody needs a reststop with a warm bed and cool beers,you're more then welcome. The Scottish trip I'll have to play by ear because I have no idea what I'll be doing.

I didn't know about the unpleasantness last year. Seems a shame, as it was very good natured the year before.

Wow, must be nice to have options on Events to go to. Here are choices are: A Harley Davidson Rally, a Harley Davidson Breakfast run, A Harley Davidson Poker Run, Truett and Osbourne Harley Davidson Bike Drags. I know I missed some. But, You get the point...... Oh yes, Big Dog Tornado rally. (Big Dog=Overpriced Harley Davidson) Big Dog Motorcycle World headquarters is here in Wichita KS. Big Dog is the 2nd largest motorcycle manufacturer in the US. Or so I'm told.

Harley Davidson: This generations "Me Too" Bike.

Richard Z.

Guest jim fordham

A few of us in the solent branch (Hampshire) are planning a weelend camping in Shaftesbury and a trip to the ship Inn . An old drinking hole from the days of the V twin there. Will keep you all posted on a date. It will not be a club event , just a get together with some old and new friends.

Jim

If you're anywhere near the middle of France in July............Trofeo Rosso.

Think Italian bikes of all years, total lack of formality, bon vivant, parading that can't really be distinguished from racing, smell the bikes, eat the food, even meet Frenchbob [allegedly] :D Where else could you take on a V7S, a Daytona and a Ducati 999 on your road going V11 with its lights taped up, going for it, then ride it home after a big lunch? The racing exotica are the icing on the cake! I'm not overstating the excellence of this meeting. It was at Le Vigeant in between Poitiers and Limoges this year, and I expect that it will be there in 2007.

OK, I'm pissed off with the weather too [although I've been sneaking out on the Armstrong] and a little "fatigued" from my evening bottle, but I'm not misremembering!

Be there, be in touch, and I'll see you OK for the night. [No, not like that, Nogbad]