peg relocation

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

I recently installed the peg relocation kit from Evoluzione Cyclesports, a cheap alteration only 15.00 bucks.! Unfortunately it was not a success. The brakeside was fine, but the shifter side places the shifter to far forward for my foot to engage it. Perhaps anyone with larger feet can benfit from it.

As an aside the guys at Evoluzione are exceptionally nice, helpful and have great customer service; a very unusual thing these days.Too bad I really wished the part had worked for me.

Guest russ

It works for me You might give it awhile and see if you can get used to it. BTW, does the clown department have a website? I need to get some new noses :grin:

Guest Brent

I haven't bought this kit (yet) because it seems to me that I'd have to raise my feet off the pegs to down-shift or brake, since the pegs would almost be in-line with the pedals. Can anyone comment on this, or on anything else about the kit? Anyone have some close-up shots of the pegs in the new location?

Guest Jeff Kelland

I have this kit installed as well. I don't really care about the brake side as I virtually never use the rear brake as the engine braking is sufficient for all but settling the rear in a corner. The shifter is a bit too far forward and I mean to make a new shifter for it at some point, but I'm used to where it is now and don't really think about it much anymore. It gave me a bit more leg room which was a must for me. My only problem is that when I get aggresive and slide up tight to the tank, I hit both knees on the rear edges of the fairing. I would have thought that the kit would have made this better but it has not. I have the stock handlebars and I think raising the bars might alleviate this but I don't really want to change them, I find them comfortable. btw I have size 9 feet.

Guest russ

I have the Eviluzione kit and wish I could get another inch or two of extension. Unfortunately the only way to do that is to use Centauro controls and they may or may not fit and are very $$$$ prohibitive. I ride my LeMans long distance alot and am thinking of a set of alternate location footpegs; maybe forward for short periods; maybe detacheable so they can be used on trips only?

Anybody have any ideas? :mg: