What are you doing on your Guzzi this weekend?

Guest Nigelstephens

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, trying to decide exactly how dumb would it be to phone a guy in the UK and buy his bike, when i'm in the middle of buying a new house, and selling my own.

And as the nature of these things go, nothing is going smoothly!

I'll not say what I'm getting yet though.

Keep y'all in suspense.

Guest Mattress

I'm trying to get this fairing from the floor to the bike.

post-1374-1165691431_thumb.jpg

Hey that fairing looks pretty cool. What is it from? Please post pictures when you got it on.

I would like to fit a bigger fairing. Something different. I like the Le Mans MKIV fairing idea, but this looks good too.

Thank you, FRIENDS :)

It's from an early Fireblade and it's bigger. But'll have to be patient, I'm afraid.

Now with the Ex-Box the Stucchi fairing looks definitely way to unsophisticated, if not even silly.

Hubert

I'm trying to get this fairing from the floor to the bike.

Guzzi_Verkleidung.jpg

What takes you so lonkg, is it so heavy? :lol:

No ! ,a Japanese component on a Guzzi? The bike will be infected then.!

Do something else go for a cofee , make a new fuel mapping, get some fresh air, till you change your mind,but not that ... :lol:

Well they are promising us mid to high thirties centigrade by early afternoon so I reckon I'll nip down to the coast and see how badly I can get the Griso to detonate coming back up the Clyde. I think a lot of the problems I've had down there are down to bung fuel but receint information I've recieved tells me that detonation *is* a problem in high temperature conditions especially if the intake and exhaust have been de-restricted in any way.

I'll fill up with 100 octane in Batemans Bay and see if I can get back up the hill without blowing a hole in a piston :bbblll:

Pete

Now this is what it looks like:

verkleidung2ln9.jpg

verkleidung3ux4.jpg

verkleidung4uf6.jpg

So much for the position of the parts and whether all this will be worth the effort. Now the molds and adequate holders have to be done. Exactly the sort of project that can inhibite a proper season starting :(

Hubert

Wow...nice job on the fairing.

With the miricle sunny high of 49F on Dec. 10 in New England, I'm off

for a rondezvous with the guys from up north.

Maybe get 150mi today.

Waiting for the weather to force me in so I can get to the Guzzi chores.

Shock, forks, headlight and a crazzzy paint job. ( Gotta leave the ''beige" behind)

Now this is what it looks like:

verkleidung2ln9.jpg

verkleidung3ux4.jpg

verkleidung4uf6.jpg

So much for the position of the parts and whether all this will be worth the effort. Now the molds and adequate holders have to be done. Exactly the sort of project that can inhibite a proper season starting :(

Hubert

That is flippin Awsome......Keep us posted......

Richard Z.

Guest Nigelstephens

I love those twin headlights and the look of the fairing. Are you going to repaint the tank and rear so the colours are more in line?