Freak Deer Accident

Guest ratchethack

http://www.sluggis.com/

Hey, Slug! I gotta agree with y'er assessment of y'er Web page, but isn't one o' those handsome fellows (er, people) one of the images I used a long ways back here to illustrate why I would NEVER rely on the services of an unknown dealer (no offense whatsoever meant to our many WELL KNOWN, and highly reputable establishments affilliated herewith!), under the theory that once you turn y'er back on the dealership, wot happens behind closed doors -- and by WHOM -- is pretty much a roll o' the dice?!?!?!? :o

-----Or is that YOU??? :whistle:

Enquiring minds just gotta know! :huh2:

http://www.sluggis.com/

Hey, Slug! I gotta agree with y'er assessment of y'er Web page, but isn't one o' those handsome fellows (er, people) one of the images I used a long ways back here to illustrate why I would NEVER rely on the services of an unknown dealer (no offense whatsoever meant to our many WELL KNOWN, and highly reputable establishments affilliated herewith!), under the theory that once you turn y'er back on the dealership, wot happens behind closed doors -- and by WHOM -- is pretty much a roll o' the dice?!?!?!? :o

-----Or is that YOU??? :whistle:

Enquiring minds just gotta know! :huh2:

It's a good possibility I snagged one of these mugs from you. :whistle: Unfortunately, none of these people are me. I'm far too ugly to have my face shown on the internets.

Slug! With your permission, may I send this to some of my friends?

Be my guest!

Guest Mattress

Sorry people, but hunting animals for sport is in my opinion one of the stupidest thing a human been can do.

My opinion. This is maybe not right but still stay my opinion!

Antonio:

I myself am not a hunter. However, I have no problem with hunters of deer, geese, etc. Every deer hunter I know eats the deer he/she gets. It is not "just for fun to shoot something" .Maybe you mean that killing animals is stupid in your opinion. That is somewhat a different issue. Here in the midwest we are almost overun with deer. In the fall during mating season, you can count how far you have driven by the dead carcases on the side of the road.

We have too many deer in Michigan because we have plenty of tasty farmland for them to grow on and not enough natural preadators.

For some reason this is not the case in Europe. I can't recall seeing a deer or elk in Germany the four years I lived there. I'm sure some live there, but it does not seem so many as here.

Is monsanto doing deers now?, after modifying all the plants you eat... so bananas with pig stuff and corn with who knows what...

We should be blind not to relate the abnormal deer with the fact of 'how common is to find abnormal things', just look at your backyard and see things changing and at a fast pace.

Anthro

I can feel an animals' rights thread coming on, like a bad headache..........or a GW post.

We have just had a juvenile cockerel cull. Bruno gets to survive and take over his dad's position as boss chicken - his right. The rest get to go in the pot - my right. [They're still young enough to be tender]

Or has the World gone mad..........again?

Picture shows the young pretender.

DSCN0496a.jpg

I grew up a scant ten miles from Osceola. Strange country, for sure. There are literally hundreds of deer per square mile there. They are thick as rats in a dump. There, hunting is self-defense. Shoot them when you can, or crash your car or motorcycle into them the rest of the year. When I lived there, it was nothing to see 40-50 in a day's hunt. In Washington, where I live now, I can hunt sometimes for days without seeing one.

Here is some more antler information. A girl at the office e-mailed this to me:

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December. Female reindeer retain their antlers until after they give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeers, every single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen... had to be a girl.

We should've known. Only women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night, and not get lost.

I was quick to respond with the following:

The moral of the story is:

1- Girls are physically strong.

2- Girls have a good sense of orientation.

3- Girls like to be tied and then whipped.

4- Girls will do anything for an old, badly dressed geezer as long as he has a lot of gifts.