Intake Pods Questions

1) What does one do with the oil breather line that attaches to the top banjo fitting up by the headtube on the spine(right in front of the tank), that attached to the OEM airbox? Obviously this is to recover oil vapor, etc... from the spine. With the airbox removed, I'm not sure what to do with this hose.

2) I assume the air-pressure sensor that was installed in the airbox can just be mounted anywhere? ...or is there a more ideal place?

thx!

al

Guest jeremy

well Al belive this, the evap line gets run somewhere to dump on the ground and the pressure sensor gets ziptied to somthing by the air filters pointing down so water dosent get trapped in it, maybe put a hose on it. thats all, nothing else. I have had pods on my centauro and that pressure sensor had a hose on it so I just ran it down by the air filters.

The early spine frames had an air pressure sensor external to the ECU. I believe that on the V11 Sports and later, the sensor is actually on the ECU board and a line is simply run to the airbox. You should be able to discard the line entirely if you want, but I would put a short loop of line on it just to preclude moisture intrusion.

That sensor you mention is actually the ambient temperature sensor. I zip-tied mine to the side of the frame spine, close to where the intake pod is. This sensor just needs to read the temp of the air reaching the intake. Carl is right... the pressure sensor is inside our 15M ECU.

As for the breather hose, I took the lazy route and just fixed it to the front left side of the frame... you can just see it poking out from under the tank. The only problem with this location is that I occasionally get a film of oil residue on the section of the motor below the end of the hose. When I get a chance, I'm going to get a longer length of hose and reroute it to a lower position someplace else.