Blister

stucatz

side.jpgOK, so the 2000 v-11 is back on the road and it's simply wonderful.

Many thank to Antonio for a wonderful throaty set of Mistrals and x-over, well worth the wait and shipment delivery/price was superb, thanks Antonio.

While waiting for the exhausts to arrive I had ordered the rearsets from Rossopuro, beautiful workmanship. I have a slight problem though in that I got this great big BLISTER on my left toe when shifting.

No i'm not a wimp but other's with the same setup, don't you find that the knurled shift peg is a bit sharp? And for the fact that the V-11 gearbox is a little klunkier than say a Duc?

Will take pics today to show off my bike

Ouch.

A couple of things spring to mind-

1) are your shoes thick enough? If you get a blister from the shifter (how's that for alliteration), it implies that your shoes are too thin. Wear boots.

2) you could put a piece of rubber hose over the end, so you have a softer contact

3) you could file off any sharp edges

4) carefully clean and lubricate the heim joints and especially the rocker lever (I'm talking about the piece that is behind the transmission, that rolls on the long bolt)

More than anything else I did, #4 helped my shifting. It works as it should now- snicks into gear.

Oh- and congrats...not on the blister, but getting your bike back! :homer:

OK, so the 2000 v-11 is back on the road and it's simply wonderful.

Will take pics today to show off my bike

Waiting for pics!!

You know that your bike is eligible for the Canadian Thunder Twins class. Just imagine yourself going into corner 2 at Mosport, knee down and tucking just inside that Paul Smart Ducati, then accelerating out of 2 and lining up that Buell that you know you will eat alive on the exit to the hairpin.

Yup! That could be you!

Waiting for pics!!

You know that your bike is eligible for the Canadian Thunder Twins class. Just imagine yourself going into corner 2 at Mosport, knee down and tucking just inside that Paul Smart Ducati, then accelerating out of 2 and lining up that Buell that you know you will eat alive on the exit to the hairpin.

Yup! That could be you!

You racing Jim?