Winter Project Bike

Tracey

Last winter I repaired a crashed V11 Lemans, 6,500 miles on it this season and only one speeding ticket...

This winter I'm repairing an old V1000 Convert. My wifes first bike, I thought the semi-auto transmition, floor boards and brake pedal would be a great learners bike. Bought the bike cheap, It has some needs...

Question:

The clutch control arm, pivot and everything aft of the cable is missing. Do I need to pull the gear box to replace the actuator rod? I'm waiting on a parts list from Moto International to help me. Guzziology doesn't say much on the topic. I'm thinking some of the older V11 guys might remember a similar project.

Any advise?

:mg:

Call up Mark Ethridge at Moto Guzzi Classics or better yet, go to the source- B.J. Schwartz of Hesperia, CA. Either of those guys will be able to set you straight. B.J. is an old-time dealer, now retired, who rebuilds the Convert transmissions. He's a great guy- unfortunately, I do not have his phone #. Mark might have it, and he will be able to give you good advice.

Last winter I repaired a crashed V11 Lemans, 6,500 miles on it this season and only one speeding ticket...

This winter I'm repairing an old V1000 Convert. My wifes first bike, I thought the semi-auto transmition, floor boards and brake pedal would be a great learners bike. Bought the bike cheap, It has some needs...

Question:

The clutch control arm, pivot and everything aft of the cable is missing. Do I need to pull the gear box to replace the actuator rod? I'm waiting on a parts list from Moto International to help me. Guzziology doesn't say much on the topic. I'm thinking some of the older V11 guys might remember a similar project.

Any advise?

:mg:

well partslist is here:

http://www.moto-guzzi.us/archiviomoto/V100...vert%20mgit.pdf

Thanks for the suggestions and the link.

My parts list arrived today and I found more info in Guzziology. Looks like the gear box and torc converter need to come off, If I can find the parts. I guess the control rod is hard to find. I'll make some calls... :oldgit: