Sport Naked Windscreen???

Richard Z

This wasn't my first choice of windscreens for my 04 Naked. But after looking at it for awhile It seems to grow on me. I wanted something a little smaller. Kind of what been on the Buell's and color matched. I settle for this National Cycle Tinted Windshield for now. No modifications were required to make it fit. It was ordered for a CB900 Honda and the price was right since it wasn't going to be used on the CB900.

I purchased a couple of rubber and mylar washers and some longer Chrome Bolts and Washers too. I also applied a tank pad to the tank. Even though I hate the looks of the things, my jacket was scuffing the paint.

What do you all think? BTW The pics were taken before I actually mounted it on the bike. The finished installation looks better.

mgwindscreen4.jpg

mgwindscreen6.jpg

mgwindscreen2.jpg

mgwindscreen3.jpg

MGTankpad1.jpg

Richard Z. :whistle:

Its aftermarket. Probably ordered from Parts Unlimited. It was supposed to fit a mid 80's CB900 but probably fits about every standard bike with a 7" round headlight. It'll do for now til I find something more suitable. I haven't ridden with it yet. I've been told that addition of this may cause more vibration in the bars.

I'll see how the buffeting changes. I may not be happy at all. My biggest reason for doing this is to shade the gauges and lights. I have a hard time seeing the lights. I'm usually the dumbass riding around the world to the left with his blinker on.

Richard Z.

Went for a 30 mile ride today. 41 degrees when I headed out. Ate dinner. 26 degrees by the time I got home.

It worked flawlessly. I was surprisingly pleased. There was no buffeting at my normal riding position. I'm 5'7" so the clip ons are a bit of a stretch. When tucked it gave some defense from the cold air. I guess the mylar and rubber washers along with the small bit of velcro between the gauge top and inside the windshield kept it from vibrating or causing any wind effects to the bars. At 90mph it never moved or flexed. It might be a keeper. I'm getting used to the fit and feel of it already.

I'm thawing my fingers as I type. Still less than 200 miles on the bike. I love the torque. Its so much different than the inline 4's I'm used to.

Richard Z.

Guest Mattress

I had a chance to watch Speedvision over the holiday break because my grandparents have satellite tv. I had to wait until after midnight to see any of the bike shows.

Anyway, has anybody else caught the commercial for a hideous looking Corbin fairing? It looks like some kind of animal's tongue, it is really ugly, but Corbin claims it is super adjustable to get anybody "in the pocket".

I guess if you are in to ugly, it is another option.

Greetings,

When I purchased my V11 Sport a month ago I decided (after a, ahem, highish speed test-ride) that a bikini fairing of some sort was a necessity.

I bought a Givi screen which seems to go with the V11 quite nicely. Works well too.

STA40722.jpg

I think Corbin should have fired the designer or engineer of the Trim Tab. It has to be the ugliest thing ever put on a motorcycle. OK, that statement may be a little harsh, but you get the idea. I do think the Trim Tab by Corbin would look good under the tire of my truck.

Richard Z.

Greetings,

When I purchased my V11 Sport a month ago I decided (after a, ahem, highish speed test-ride) that a bikini fairing of some sort was a necessity.

I bought a Givi screen which seems to go with the V11 quite nicely. Works well too.

STA40722.jpg

I've had the same GIVI since new! IMO - best screen for the V11 - works and looks good. Especially after I peeled off the Givi sticker, painted it gloss black to match bike and added a MG decal where the Givi sticker was. Looks fantastic - until it fell last spring and gouged the paint and decal :(

Highly recommended - the fairing, not the gouging!

Rj

Guest Mattress

I think Corbin should have fired the designer or engineer of the Trim Tab. It has to be the ugliest thing ever put on a motorcycle. OK, that statement may be a little harsh, but you get the idea. I do think the Trim Tab by Corbin would look good under the tire of my truck.

Richard Z.

Not harsh at all if you've seen the commerical. It looks more ridiculous than the website photos indicate. I guess if you are into big plastic cow tongues you might find it only partly ugly.

Then again, if you are the type that finds the Honda Rune sexy enough to ride, you are too far gone to be convinced I reckon.

I've had the same GIVI since new! IMO - best screen for the V11 - works and looks good. Especially after I peeled off the Givi sticker, painted it gloss black to match bike and added a MG decal where the Givi sticker was. Looks fantastic - until it fell last spring and gouged the paint and decal :(

Highly recommended - the fairing, not the gouging!

Rj

O.K., but has anyone back to back compared the Givi to the MG screen as found on the Ballabio, Cafe, etc? I had quite a bit of annoying buffeting with the stock screen, which is now in the closet.

I'm thinking of a new fairing for the coming season since it will be more "tour" than sport riding. {I know, get a Norge}

Maybe a Sprint LMII with dual headlights and LMII lowers...................hmm

Richard Z.

Not harsh... the damage was already done! The guy who designed (if you can use that word) the Rune should be hung, drawn and quartered (and fired too) before he can inflict more pain to the eyes off humanity!

Thats too funny. Today I rode my V11 to work and parked it next to a Ruin. I mean Rhune. It seems that during lunch there was a larger crowd around my bike discussing the ugly thing I was parked next to.

I heard he traded his Harley for it. Some people can't be helped..... :homer:

Richard Z.

Guest Mattress

You mean a bit like I did last year?

I have posted pics a few times.....

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=6289

Nige. B)

Yeah Nige. You e-mailed me a few pics a few months ago. I'm having a real hard time deciding what to do in my head. I don't like a pure rectangular headlight, and not sure I can realistically modify an LMII to round like you did.

So then I was thinking I might try to find a Sprint Mfg LMII type with dual H4s. A few other posters whent totally different paths, BMW R90 & Superhawk fairings are two I remember. But I do like the Moto Guzzi lowers.

:( I likely will end up doing nothing and have to ride naked at least at the start of the season. Maybe I could find a junkyard full of fairings and have someone hold 'em up to the bike so I can see in person.

I don't want to recreate the Ruin. <_<