Please buy this for me.... I'll pay you back(Eventually)

Richard Z

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bike would go really well with my Wes Cooley Replica, Eddie Lawson Replica and my 1972 GT750J WaterBuffalo.

I think I found a 72 Ducati Sport on Ebay that would go with all of them. I'm dreamin again. Time to get back to reality.

Richard Z.

Guest Mattress

I was checking that one out to today. I'm about 22k short though.

Laverdas are so hard to find. I check every now and then but rarely find anything. There was a 1200 going for a reasonable price, but I was a few days too late in finding the ad.

I was watching that one too. Has this inspired you to finish yours Jim, after all dont you enjoy having bikes for sale that you will never sell????????? :thumbsup:

B@stard! You see right through me!

:2c: YEAH RIGHT...$35.250 for this old unreliable twin that couldn't even cut the mustard in it's day! :huh2:

Tell that to all the competitors in endurance racing in the early 70's. They'll tell you there was a lot of sliced mustard back then and the knife had an orange handle.

My SFC managed 138 mph on radar in 1982.

Guest Mattress

I wonder all these members on this forum who didn't post their answer, what do they think about it?

Personally, I don't give a shit for an old piece iron like this... :2c:

If you read the description it was supposedly a very special bike. Otherwise I would expect a standard Laverda 750SFC to be in the $5k range if in very good condition.

I would still like to own a Laverda triple someday. My mechanic has one as a daily driver and it is a beaut in the flesh, much better than the pictures I've seen. :food::wub: They just seem rare as hen's teeth. I've considered buying one from Europe, but not sure if the shipping hassle would be worth it. Never tried to import a bike before.

Yeah it is "an old piece of iron". But if you are only riding on the street, I don't think it matters much. An upgrade to the stock electronics and suspension (maybe brakes too) and I'd bet it would be as good as a '90s bike.

Otherwise I would expect a standard Laverda 750SFC to be in the $5k range if in very good condition.

The price for SFC's has been around $25,000 US lately so if you want one for 5k then you had better find 4 likeminded partners and be prepared to share.

Check out this link if you want to know more about the SFC 750. SFC

This quote from the end of the story you may find interesting.

The 1975 SFC "Conti-bike" may be offered for sale, on Ebay,....estimates are $75,000 to $72,000.

I'm sure Steve G will want to know where a 5k SFC could be found!!

Guest Mattress

The price for SFC's has been around $25,000 US lately so if you want one for 5k then you had better find 4 likeminded partners and be prepared to share.

Check out this link if you want to know more about the SFC 750. SFC

This quote from the end of the story you may find interesting.

I'm sure Steve G will want to know where a 5k SFC could be found!!

:homer: My fault. Thanks for the correction. My knowledge of Laverda twins is dodgier than the triples. I wasn't catching the the terminology SFC indicated something so specially different from a vanilla 750 or SF750.

Those aren't too pricey right?

A dude in St. Louis had a 1978 1200 for $6500, but it was sold by the time I contacted him.