Please buy this for me.... I'll pay you back(Eventually)

Richard Z

Guest Mattress

European dudes and their watches are a weird hangup dudes. Personaly I prefer Hueher. Didn't steve Mcqueen have one?

Its a european thing me thinks. :bier:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:2c: my belief along with many others of my kind find it is the best'' time '' of your life when you can releive yourself of such things as personal time pieces and the constraints of being a slave of time. in our downhill years the relief of such burdens of time restraints is the reward deserved and earnt to live by the simple philosophy sun up sun down. what happens in between is mostly down to weather. and here's hopeing for a fine day wednesday the 10/1/07. :whistle::race: K.I.S.S

...... cause I know who I am I don't need any reasurance or impression to or from anyone..

But oh I forgot ,others can boost about the "right" stuff on a motorcycle forum (this or that bike they may have) and perhaps self assume they have or are inferior than others.

:bier:

You're quite right. I'm not feeling very good about myself at the moment, and having to sell some of my stuff to pay bills isn't helping!

Personaly I prefer Hueher.

Dr Hueher? The man with two brains?

I always wear a cheap digital watch for the same reason as I always wear cheap sunglasses- if I had anything expensive I would either break or lose it. Plus every spare penny I get gets spent on the bikes!

Guy :helmet:

I wouldn't suggest to wear a cheap sunglass,you'll do harm your eye sight.(never had a ray-ban pair brake or give up)As far as the other stuff it is a matter of taste actually (with some added performance cuase good stuff don't break easy or not at all)

I like brietlings and all, but I don't really care for the Bentleys, I think they are a tad fugly, AND to add insult to injury briets front man is mr saturday night himself john travolta :vomit:

I like the bond image better myself

or maybe this one, similar price to a standard brietling

:2c: Who cares what others wear or do ?, when you wear or use something, do it because you like it,or need it or whatever.

:2c: Bond wears omega lattely, so better stick to your first choice if that's your point.

With so many replicas around on the perticular brand.(and so damn well made at the looks) I would stay away from that pictured watch for many reasons,but then again IMO is a bit overpriced.

Well it's a matter of taste at the end of cource.Nothing will make you a better person ( only your thoughts and actions can) or superior , or whatever. :2c:

Well it's a matter of taste at the end of cource.Nothing will make you a better person ( only your thoughts and actions can) or superior , or whatever. :2c:

The one who dies with the most toys wins! :oldgit:

I like my old bikes. They are fun to ride, fun to work on, and have introduced me to many friends. They hold their value and sometimes appreciate. I wouldn't spend $35K on one though - I'd never ride it for fear of wrecking it!

Wouldn't spend serious $ on a watch either. Wear it in public and risk loss/theft/breakage or leave it in the drawer safe. I would never wander around with $10K in my pocket, why would I wander around with $10K on my wrist where anyone can see it? Seems a bigger waste to me than on old bike... but that's me. Stopped wearing a watch 10+ years ago when my Tag's face broke rock climbing. It's like a newfound freedom! There are so many clocks around and people with cells that I've never had problems figuring out the time. In a drawer somewhere is a smashed face Tag...

Buy what you will get the most enjoyment out of. If you are buying something to just sit there in the hopes that it will appreciate, 99/100 it won't. If what you bought appreciates, bonus!

Antonio - bet you'd have bought 30 Water Buffalos at the time if you could see the future... I'd have loaded up on round case Ducati bits!

Rj

I believe in the adage that "He who lives with the most toys wins!!"

My mantra- He who dies with a million $ loses, he who dies owing a million $ wins. Spiraling debt, my friend; they can't chase you into the afterlife!

Rj

E'specially if it's Revenue Canada. Of course I wouldn't want to be a relative of yours then.

My dad lived life to the extreme edge, just like Ryan says. His body could not cope however. :D His ultimate goal in life was to not pay taxes, and well, as the oldest son, after looking at his paperwork, he definitely won the game.

:P It's been 3 years, and I'm still getting phone calls from them asking where he is. I've told them I'd bring him in, they are welcome to talk it over with him. When I tell them he's in an ern in my living room [waiting for dispersal in the old country this summer], they say not to bother. In 2 wks, some other desk driver phones up. Very amusing.

Ciao, Steve

Regarding watches, I was given my 25 year watch 2 yrs ago, Omega Speedmaster. Lovely thing. Fucking thing's been in the repair shop more than my wrist. My Wittnauer sport watch has been very rugged, 29 yrs, 5 batteries. No worries. Even crashed on the thing last summer, landed on the thing, no problem.

Ciao, Steve