Please buy this for me.... I'll pay you back(Eventually)

Richard Z

Please Mattres, don't get me wrong, if you like kind of bikes, BTW these beuaty's have made Italy (my native country) great, I am one of the first I will congratulate you for your buy.

But kind of old mummies is not my favorite bikes.

I agree on that with you.I don't give a damn about old iron and no matter what it is it's really funny to see people spending(relatively) "big" money on "old mummies" that they will finnally not use themselfs , just because they are(supposed to be or are) "collectable".

And all these collectomanialewdness(on any subject) it is kind of sick,or worthless thing to do . Specially cause the buyer ain't oing to be using it but keep the "mummie" to become more collectible in some years.

Practically speaking y' know something if it ain't gold or platin (or at least some kind of jewllery) then it ain't got an objective worth.

So :2c: don't spent too much money on iron except it you got so much you don't know what to do with them,

but then if you want to throw them out of the window,but then, you can give me a call , I'll wait with my small basket outside

:lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattress

Please Mattres, don't get me wrong, if you like kind of bikes, BTW these beuaty's have made Italy (my native country) great, I am one of the first I will congratulate you for your buy.

But kind of old mummies is not my favorite bikes.

Thats O.k. Antonio. I didn't take offence. Even if you do have a problem with me eating deer meat :P:):D

I do like some "old iron" but with limited money and space, I'm not going out to buy everything. I honestly haven't had the opportunity to ride an old bike, but I like the idea that people keep them running. There is something nice about seeing a well kept old machine pulling up in a parking lot, even if it does handle like a pig or cause the owner to curse its name.

The only bikes I've ever driven are an 80s BMW R80 or R75, an 80s Honda CX500 (or whatever that water cooled "Guzzi" from Honda was called), a Suzuki GS250, Honda VFR400RR, and my V11.

$35k might seem dumb to spend on a 70s Laverda, but I guess it is relative. Personally I think it is nuts to spend $400,000 on a single family home.

I agree on that with you.I don't give a damn about old iron and no matter what it is it's really funny to see people spending(relatively) "big" money on "old mummies" that they will finnally not use themselfs , just because they are(supposed to be or are) "collectable".

And all these collectomanialewdness(on any subject) it is kind of sick,or worthless thing to do . Specially cause the buyer ain't oing to be using it but keep the "mummie" to become more collectible in some years.

Practically speaking y' know something if it ain't gold or platin (or at least some kind of jewllery) then it ain't got an objective worth.

So :2c: don't spent too much money on iron except it you got so much you don't know what to do with them,

but then if you want to throw them out of the window,but then, you can give me a call , I'll wait with my small basket outside

:lol:

You guys are just jealous 'cause you don't got one!! I bought mine in 1978 and I have enjoyed having it ever since!

By the way, I didn't pay $35,000 dollars for it then. Not even 1/10 of that. Nyaa nyaa na na naaa!

Wow, I didn't realize I was going to start some kind of debate that no one could win.

As far as collectability goes. Everything is collectable as long as there are people wanting and willing to make a market for it. My motorcycle preference is mostly by collectability. What can I buy now that can be a good or profitable return on my investment. I guess the key is, to be able to see into the future to find out what will be worth the money years from now. Most people that don't like something that is collectable are just pissed that they weren't on the ground floor or in the know that something would actually be collectable and somebody else is making money from it. Whether or not the item, or motorcycle in this case, is a pig or ugly.

My current collection of bikes are early 80's asian Superbike Replicas and a few albatroses that no one would think could be collectable nowadays. My 1972 Suzuki GT750J is a good example. This bike was built for the US market and was the first liquid cooled bike mass produced for the US. Its 3 cylinder, 2 stroke engine wasn't the fastest nor did the bike outperfom the competition. However, since I bought the bike 18 years ago and paid only $400 for it. I could sell it for almost $8000 on a bad day that is what usually pisses off the average person that doesn't understand why its collectable.

The only bike that I own now that I have my doubts about collectability is my V11. It doesn't mean that It won't make some money down the road, but its the only bike I have that I can't sell for a profit.

Don't get me wrong. I love all my bikes. Not only for the $$$ but for different reasons on every bike. Some about Racing History: Wes Cooley and the Eddie Lawson Replica's. My GPz since it was purchased for use in the California Superbike School in 1982. The Waterbuffalo, 72 GT750J, for its history and firsts in the market.

I would like to add more Italian Bikes to my collection and wishing for one is a lot easier than paying premium $$$ for one. I missed a great opportunity last month on a 1973 Ducati 750SS that had a pedigree from racing at Daytona, Talledega, to winning 4 AMA titles. I assumed the bike would bring 30-50 Thousand dollars US. But to my surprise fell short at only $14,700. That would have been a great investment and a cool addition to any collection.

As I always say, "Wish in One hand and Shit in the other. See which one gets full first."

Richard Z.

You guys are just jealous 'cause you don't got one!! I bought mine in 1978 and I have enjoyed having it ever since!

By the way, I didn't pay $35,000 dollars for it then. Not even 1/10 of that. Nyaa nyaa na na naaa!

Hahaha.c045.gif

I can assure you pal I could buy 5 or 6 of them with a snap of my fingers when goin into my bank.

Now anyone can get jealous of what Santa brought me.

dscn2501cookokif3.jpg

Buying iron (or other not valuable materials..) at high prices that are covered with the so called collectable tag IMO is for the mentally retarded. :grin:

DSCN2501CLOSE.jpg

Hahaha.c045.gif

I can assure you pal I could buy 5 or 6 of them with a snap of my fingers when goin into my bank.

Now anyone can get jealous of what Santa brought me.

Buying iron (or other nt valuable maerials..) at high prices that are covered with the so called collectable tag IMO is for the mentally retarded. :grin:

Are you calling Santa retarded? :angry: Santa buying you that watch was pretty dumb, though.

But I guess he gets a high volume discount.

Of course you could pawn it and end world hunger, or put the money into Gootsie Goodies :grin:

Are you calling Santa retarded? :angry: Santa buying you that watch was pretty dumb, though.

But I guess he gets a high volume discount.

Watch is a piece of art that will work intact in many decades,with saphire on it and golden parts , ect.ect.

And it isn't taged at it's price as'collectabe' to justiy it's value, it's mostly handmade and a very unique piece with a 30secs chronograph,

perhaps the only one ever made so , and it isn't priced 'specially' about it or taged'limmited edition', even though few pieces are made each year.

It won't devaluate as well.

That thing looks heavy enough to snap your wrist!!

Pretty cool though. All the girls will think you are a pilot now!

Not really pilots watch this one though the company does some and it is their 'image'.This one belongs to Bentley series, dedicated for the street-speed.

Anyone can think what they want, and who cares :lol:

My watch is a 1980s Cassio digital - one of the first - that I got from the lost property box at work in 1985, since when it has consumed half a dozen batteries and been fallen on by my Ducati 860GT when the bike and I had a brief disagreement in 1988 about who should be on top [thus the currently cracked face]. All the watches I had before were destroyed by the vibrations from bike riding. Anything else is just tinsel, as far as I'm concerned.

And I do ride my old bikes - more than I ride my V11, as a matter of fact.

If I were wealthy [which I am decidedly not] I wouldn't want to boast about it to other motorcyclists who of all people are going to be least impressed!

Just my :2c: , as you colonials say.

:D

Now for something completely different...

I have a Mavodo Olympia Chrono on right now with saphire class

13_1.JPG

my other workin watch is a Tissot Auto with saphire, but a cheapie one

T34_1_483_31b.jpg

and when I really dress up I wear my Tissot pocket self winder

T82-4-450-13.jpg

looks amazing in person

when I get a real job, I'm going to get an Omega

180px-Omega007.jpg

(

when I get a real job, I'm going to get an Omega

I'd suggest you a Breilting Colt series or a superocean (from aeromarine series).The most "economic' B'lings (especially with a strap)but some of the sturdiest and most accurate in the world.

Not all saphire crystals are the same since there are also some synthetic cheap ones.

a visit on http://www.breitling.com/en/ click on made by Breitling and find out.

Needles to say that Breitlling is the only brand in the world that all their models and their mechanisms are COSC certified.

And no matter how much I have punished my other B'ling Hercules in past couple of years it is as good as new.

I wouldn't want to boast about it to other motorcyclists who of all people are going to be least impressed!

:D

Nice thoughts.A best quality made watch that's sporty will last any kind of "punishment" you push to it.Apart from that I am not boasting anything , though I have to defend my self when I get teased.hehe Personaly I am a very private person and cause I know who I am I don't need any reasurance or impression to or from anyone..

But oh I forgot ,others can boost about the "right" stuff on a motorcycle forum (this or that bike they may have) and perhaps self assume they have or are inferior than others.

:bier:

I like brietlings and all, but I don't really care for the Bentleys, I think they are a tad fugly, AND to add insult to injury briets front man is mr saturday night himself john travolta :vomit:

I like the bond image better myself

or maybe this one, similar price to a standard brietling

RX405a.jpg