Gearchanges

Richard

Guest Nigelstephens

if it is clutch drag then one should be able to notice a difference between hot and cold when the back wheel is off the ground, the bike in gear but the clutch in, do you think?

Guest Gary Cheek

if it is clutch drag then one should be able to notice a difference between hot and cold when the back wheel is off the ground, the bike in gear but the clutch in, do you think?

At best.....maybe.

I second what Gary said. Especially so on any Guzzi with a four- or five-speed trans. In my experience, clutches that do not drag when cold can drag very much when hot. Heat was mentioned as a symptom in the case of the Sport 1100, so I'd think a look at clutch adjustment is indicated. If that doesn't work, a look at the clutch components.

I'm surprised to hear this on a dry plate clutch. I used to have some problems with my Norton's wet plate multi disc clutch, but what's the cause in this case?

Guest Nigelstephens

Clutch drag go me thinking so I adjusted the handlebar lever to give more movement when I was riding and concentrating on using full movement when changing. It did seem to improve things very slightly although not sure. Gearchanges are still a pig when hot. So not sure at all now.

Two days later.

No not much difference. I would like to think it was clutch adjustment but not convienced.