Scura Question

squidvicious

So I've decided I want a Guzzi. I've ridden a couple of V11s and liked them, although they don't ride as nice as a BMW, the V-twin sound goes a long way. Looking at the the various models, the Scura and it's Ohlin's Suspenion jumps out at me. I also like the black paint scheme. Two questions, first, I've also read the threads on this board about the exploding Scura flywheel, are there any other V11 models with the Ohlins? Second, is there a big difference between the Ohlins and the standard suspension?

...I've also read the threads on this board about the exploding Scura flywheel, are there any other V11 models with the Ohlins?

On this board, there's only been one US Scura clutch/flywheel failure, and it was not a catastrophic failure (serial number S288). Maybe best to look for a US Scura with a serial number as close to S600 as you can find? Re: other bikes, word on the street is that the valving/springing of the Ohlins of the LeMans Corsa, Coppa Italia, and Cafe Sport models was closer to the mark than on the Scura. If you would rather go with one of those, note that the LeMans has clip-on bars, whereas the Coppa Italia and Cafe Sport have riser bars-- so depending on what type of riding position you need, you might want to consider that. Of course, you can always mod the bars to suit your needs.

Bought a Scura a few months ago,and it is the best handling bike Ive owned.The suspension was tuned by a local shop which specializes in suspensions.Motors great,wish it had more on the low end,the 5k rush is awesome though.The Ram clutch goes for about $500.00 plus labor so figure that into the purchase price of the bike.If I had to do it again I would have waited for a Nero Corso.It's black(beautifull!!!)Ohlins susp.,and an updated crossover,and oh, a nice fairing.i paid 6k for mine and have seen a few Neros go for about 7k in my area(NYC).Its also an 04 which to me should have more value than an 02 Scura.Love the Scura,lust for the Nero.

IMHO :bier: