Ebay Auction for V11 tank Bag....

Richard Z

Damn, $174.00 US for the tank bag and mounting system. Whats this thing worth new? Anyway seen it and was just forwarding the info. The seller has a luggage rack too. I'm looking at tank bags, but have been leaning toward the gas cap mounting ring style from twistedthrottle.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330072185028

Richard Z

Damn, $174.00 US for the tank bag and mounting system. Whats this thing worth new? Anyway seen it and was just forwarding the info. The seller has a luggage rack too. I'm looking at tank bags, but have been leaning toward the gas cap mounting ring style from twistedthrottle.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330072185028

Richard Z

That SW-Motech stuff at Twisted Throttle looks great.

I like the gascap ring mounts...

I had a hard time believing how much that tank bag went for. I was as suprised that I got the rear rack for under 200 bucks. The Guzzi made racks are incredibly light and well made compared to some other aftermarket designs I've seen.

Wick

the higher price might be the rarity of them. I'd like to get one myself. :bier:

I'm ok without one, a backpack works fine for me, now a tank bag that turns into a backpack then you'd have somethin. :nerd:

The Guzzi bag has backpack straps once you unzip it from the base. I think it's a really nice design. I'm glad the PO of my bike included it in the deal rather than selling it separately.

I guess I should fess up.

I bought it.

Sure, I probably overpaid a little for it, but it is in like-new condition and is a very cool item.

Besides, where could I have gotten a new one? And would it have cost less?

-Jack

It's a great bag. I've been abusing mine for over three years...don't remember what it cost, but it was worth it. I did put a couple of foam rubber blocks on the straps where they run across the lower tank edge, but no complaints. It will hold five days of scivvies and socks (plus allen wrenches, tire repair kit and maps) if you are so inclined. k

I bought it.

Sure, I probably overpaid a little for it, but it is in like-new condition and is a very cool item.

-Jack

Congrats. on the auctions. I'm sure they are worth the extra if thats what you want. It is probably better to pay a premium than having to wait until riding season is over next year to get one from the dealer.... LOL

I havent looked into getting one from the dealer, but you know how those horror stories get started.... LOL

Richard Z.

I bought it.

-Jack

Well, you outbid me by a few bucks! Hey its a nice tank bag, and like you said where do get them? A few dealers say they might be able to get one but don't seem to ever call back, oh well I will keep looking.

waspp

It's a nice bag although I really wished it opened from the rear rather than the front. A bit awkward to have stuff blow out when you're on the move and you're trying to re-position your map or grab something out of it.

It's a nice bag although I really wished it opened from the rear rather than the front. A bit awkward to have stuff blow out when you're on the move and you're trying to re-position your map or grab something out of it.

Last time I was at Speeds Cycles in Elkridge Maryland, they had a V11 tank bag hanging on display... and the salesman suggested they'd be willing to DEAL on it because they'd had it so long... I already own one.

Yes, it has the backpack straps...

love it!

:mg:

Last time I was at Speeds Cycles in Elkridge Maryland, they had a V11 tank bag hanging on display... and the salesman suggested they'd be willing to DEAL on it because they'd had it so long... I already own one.

Yes, it has the backpack straps...

love it!

:mg:

where is this store you speak of? how much are they willing to sell it for? tho i'ts be a shame to cover up my new rosso mandello tank :huh2: