Sold Lemans bought Multistrada-dumb!

ALLAN

I sold a my '04 Lemans [red/black] and bought an '07 Ducati 1100S Multistrada [red] - and now I am regretting it. I'm just not developing a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling with the Mutlistrada. I loved most everything about my Lemans but I wanted hard bags and a bit more performance. The 'someday-might-be-released' MG 1200S looked to be the ticket but I wasn't going to wait two years or more.

The asthetics of the Multistrada are certainly an acquired taste but I do like the look. What I don't like are the ergonomics, mirrors that shake so much they'll give you a headache after an hour of freeway droning, performance that is only a slight improvement over my V11, less wind protection and terrible 'carburetion' at low speeds. I retrofitted some Cyclecat adjustable bars to help the ergos; I am going to have a PCIII and custom map done that will improve the drivability - but the bike just doesn't have character compared to my Lemans. The V11 always put a smile on my face. I've have had a number of Ducatis, BMW's, a Triumph, an Aprilia and a few big displacement Japanese 4-cyclinder motorbikes; I never missed any of them when they were sold. I miss my Lemans. Anyone looking for a new, low-milage 1100S Mutlisrada?

Allan

I keep looking at other bikes and their "specs", thinking of trading, but none can compare to what the "specs" don't tell.

But I am surprised you miss your LeMans more than your G&B.

You did sell your Ghezzi and Brian, right?

Inspite of giving up your LeMans, you are still welcome at all Guzzi Gatherings :bier:

Shame your're not closer to me I keep looking at those things havn't quiet convinced myself its the bike I should buy. Wait till its run in and rev the tits off the thing Ducatis don't really work lugging maybe gear it down a bit as well chain drive have some advantages.

:thumbsup:

Shame your're not closer to me I keep looking at those things havn't quiet convinced myself its the bike I should buy. Wait till its run in and rev the tits off the thing Ducatis don't really work lugging maybe gear it down a bit as well chain drive have some advantages.

:2c: ''yep'' :thumbsup::stupid::race::bier:

I keep looking at other bikes and their "specs", thinking of trading, but none can compare to what the "specs" don't tell.

But I am surprised you miss your LeMans more than your G&B.

You did sell your Ghezzi and Brian, right?

Inspite of giving up your LeMans, you are still welcome at all Guzzi Gatherings :bier:

I did sell the G-B to a guy in northern Calfornia. I put a lot of time, and dollars, into getting the Ghezzi-Brian just right but I wasn't riding it enough to justify keeping it.

I sold a my '04 Lemans [red/black] and bought an '07 Ducati 1100S Multistrada [red] - and now I am regretting it. I'm just not developing a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling with the Mutlistrada. I loved most everything about my Lemans but I wanted hard bags and a bit more performance. The 'someday-might-be-released' MG 1200S looked to be the ticket but I wasn't going to wait two years or more.

Allan

You could opt for the new 1200S Guzzi , I think it could take bags and so on.Offers nice open kit and according to some tests I have read is also one of the best allrounders. :2c:

The asthetics of the Multistrada are certainly an acquired taste but I do like the look. What I don't like are the ergonomics, mirrors that shake so much they'll give you a headache after an hour of freeway droning, performance that is only a slight improvement over my V11, less wind protection and terrible 'carburetion' at low speeds. I retrofitted some Cyclecat adjustable bars to help the ergos; I am going to have a PCIII and custom map done that will improve the drivability - but the bike just doesn't have character compared to my Lemans. The V11 always put a smile on my face. I've have had a number of Ducatis, BMW's, a Triumph, an Aprilia and a few big displacement Japanese 4-cyclinder motorbikes; I never missed any of them when they were sold. I miss my Lemans. Anyone looking for a new, low-milage 1100S Mutlisrada?

Allan

Owning a V11 Sport and a 2005 Multistrada 1000 I understand completely. The Ducati is a fine bike but just doesn't have the soul of the V11. Completely the other end of the spectrum but my Harley is much more like the Guzzi, I can't explain why they are so much fun, they just are. The Ducati is good machine and, like the Guzzi, it responds well to a little engine tuning it also handles better the Goose but it tends to stay in the garage unless I'm riding with some of my faster friends while I find myself looking for a reason to take the Guzzi or the Harley for a ride.

Lex

Very interesting.

If I ever did go for something else it would be a Duc..

and I'm often tempted by the STs...but having a venerable SS

for 3 yrs. I know what your saying.

I like the Ducs for thier fit and finish. They are a tinker toy to work on once

past the learning curve but are built to be ON all the time. It's tiresome.

I was thinking the ST or DS would be different but your message comes thru

loud and clear.

I second the "gear it down" vote. Go up a couple of teeth in the back.

You shouldn't need a PCIII.

The Ducs are abFab but always foaming at the mouth.

4000 rpms is mandatory. Like I said "tiresome"

Thanks for reminding me. I love my LeMans

I'm surprised the Duc isn't better. I always like the Multi's and was almost ready to add one to the garage last fall. They have disappeared from my wish list partly because of the maintenance costs, which I hear are a lot less with the 1100 motor. The only bikes I like right now are the Duc 800 S2R and the Triumph Tiger, I would take any post 2004 Tiger. I don't know if any bike would make me trade/sell my Guzzi, just something about the bike. I will probably wait on another street bike though and add a 2008 Kawasaki KLR.

You do need to ride a Duke differently to a Guzzi. Whereas you can get away with murder on a chunkier V11 when it comes to gearchanges, being in the right ratio is more important on the Duke, although when it does spin up the power keeps going for a fair while longer.

I have ridden a Multistrada and the main issue for me was ergonomics- funny seat and riding position was a bit alien to me. ST3 is a beautiful bike to ride but ugly as sin.

Guy :helmet:

I don't know if any bike would make me trade/sell my Guzzi, just something about the bike.

funny you mention that, some collector in France wants to trade my ghezzi for a Ducati 851 SP3 or a Senna he has.

i won't ply.

i regret my 888 SP 5, if i should have keep it :huh2:

But buying the appartment was most important :(

A 851 SP 3 or a 888 SP 5 will be a bike, i would be abble to keep in my garage with the supertwin if i solve back problems.

Those bike are just incredible, bu jihem you ride too much for such bikes.