Sold Lemans bought Multistrada-dumb!

ALLAN

A 851 SP 3 or a 888 SP 5 will be a bike, i would be abble to keep in my garage with the supertwin if i solve back problems.

Those bike are just incredible, bu jihem you ride too much for such bikes.

Impressions are impressions and can stay in memmory, as long as there isn't a fresh test considering 2 different bikes you can not know for real:2c:

I still remenber that day when I had first seen a Daytona pass through me with a 851 and i was totally flipped with the Guzzi, I knew that was my ride and (sine my I love 2V)

I got the Sport.

Long story short, don't regret anything cause the supertwin you got probably (though IMO it does) knock down in all areas bikes as superport ducatis, whether that is aesthetics, and exlusivity,or handling and power delivery.

I had the chance to step on a supertwin when I have visited Ghezzi- Brian workshop, and the bike had such a light feel to it.

:bier:

:2c: Since it's your custom made gem, I would suggest to keep it.My self, I have back problems for the last 12 years and more intence the last 5.

Personally I know, I always have the desire to ride my Guzzi and only that bike, so finnaly that's what I do .

:bier:

... I loved most everything about my Lemans but I wanted hard bags...

98909306-M.jpg

98909228-M.jpg

Hepco + Becker mounts available from Eurotech: http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/ Talk to Chris.

You can find H+B bags on ebay and at Eurotech.

The LeMans makes a nice sport-tourer: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8941

I realize you have done what you have done.... But, why didn't you simply put hard bags on the LeMans?

I did.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

edit:

Whoops, Mike beat me to it. I actually went a bit further and got the bags with the color matched inserts, then added the LeMans decals on said insert. They nearly look like they came that way.

I sold a my '04 Lemans [red/black] and bought an '07 Ducati 1100S Multistrada [red] - and now I am regretting it. I'm just not developing a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling with the Mutlistrada. I loved most everything about my Lemans but I wanted hard bags and a bit more performance. The 'someday-might-be-released' MG 1200S looked to be the ticket but I wasn't going to wait two years or more.

The asthetics of the Multistrada are certainly an acquired taste but I do like the look. What I don't like are the ergonomics, mirrors that shake so much they'll give you a headache after an hour of freeway droning, performance that is only a slight improvement over my V11, less wind protection and terrible 'carburetion' at low speeds. I retrofitted some Cyclecat adjustable bars to help the ergos; I am going to have a PCIII and custom map done that will improve the drivability - but the bike just doesn't have character compared to my Lemans. The V11 always put a smile on my face. I've have had a number of Ducatis, BMW's, a Triumph, an Aprilia and a few big displacement Japanese 4-cyclinder motorbikes; I never missed any of them when they were sold. I miss my Lemans. Anyone looking for a new, low-milage 1100S Mutlisrada?

Allan

Well, I sold the Multistrada over the weekend. It went quick. I had a bit of 'sellers remorse' but the next day I rode a friends brand new Triumph Daytona 675 over 300 miles and the bright rays of affirmation came over the gloom of doubt. What a fantastic motorbike. If I was a 'sportbike' kind of guy it would be my first choice, my only choice. I'm not so I plan to wait for the MG 1200 Sport to land on these shores. If you're listening Moto Guzzi please hurry.

With all due respect I think the 1200 Sport is a horrible, ugly, bastard of a thing. and it has the downspec suspension :vomit: .

Griso can have hard luggage, has top of the range suspenders, can have a screen added if needs be, (I was going to but don't need it!) It's also stunning to look at whereas the Sport 1200 looks like a used condom that has been left in the sun for a week.

Pete

The more i look at the 1200 sport the more i like it ( Hard luggage is an mg extra), I used to think the greaso looked cool as f%"k but now think it looks like a bike a pimp would ride :whistle: . If i change my bike i will be waiting for the new 4v engine. :2c:

Gary :mg:

Well, I sold the Multistrada over the weekend. It went quick. I had a bit of 'sellers remorse' but the next day I rode a friends brand new Triumph Daytona 675 over 300 miles and the bright rays of affirmation came over the gloom of doubt. What a fantastic motorbike. If I was a 'sportbike' kind of guy it would be my first choice, my only choice. I'm not so I plan to wait for the MG 1200 Sport to land on these shores. If you're listening Moto Guzzi please hurry.

Don't hold your breath for a 1200 Sport in the USA. It's a stop-gap bike that we'll probably never see.

You can put a bikini fairing and tubular bars on a Breva 1100, if that's the look you want.

Hepco + Becker's bag mounts are available for the Breva and the Griso.

When will someone put a supercharger on a Griso? To me it is just begging to be blown (a very manly trait - as the Griso is a very manly bike!!).

If you were going to forcibly aspirate one of the new ones I'd think the short stroke 850 would be a better bet, they're just begging for it!

Pete