Dear Sir

The price for the MDST2001(Diagnostic and Data recording) is $289

The price for the MDST2001(Diagnostic) is $219

Regarding Dashboard we are making some changes. we will let you know it

availability soon. If you need more detail information do not hesitate to

call at 248-3700042

Best Regards

Giamberto Scaccia

I think the Motorbike Digital Dashboard is even cooler than a GPS!!!

You can buy the MDSTs from http://www.evoluzione.net/

I imagine Evoluzione will have the digital dashboard when it becomes available.

The Data Recording version could prove very useful.

Now I just need a palm® :xmas:

This could nicely complement my PCIII ^_^

If anyone is planning on playing with the TPS to modify ignition timing this could be the tool.

I am not sure but I think the data logger could probably log ignition advance at various rpms and throttle positions. Once you get a map of what is happening the TPS could be adjusted with greater predictability, or one could even switch to the HD TPS if it would produce more desirable results.

The MDST is also great for trouble shooting other FI issues. I am not sure what the differences between the PC and Palm versions are.

Indeed, I think this is the diagnostic tool that I spoke with Ken at Evoluzione about last Fall. It had been in "final beta" testing then, but I guess is available now.

AFAIK, this is just a diagnostic version, and cannot modify any settings. But that's still useful.

They are supposed to also be working on a version that will allow modification of the ECU's map, although I don't know if that includes the timing curve. I need to check with him on that.

BTW, I don't believe that modifying/moving the TPS affects timing so much as it does fuel delivery?? Am I wrong?

al

BTW, I don't believe that modifying/moving the TPS affects timing so much as it does fuel delivery?? Am I wrong?

al

I don't know...

The data logger can PROBABLY log what it is doing so that you could document a map.

I suspect the output in degrees of advance of the map would not be absolute with respect to Throttle Position and RPM, but would be effected by temperature, air pressure, etc.

Just for kicks if the map looked something like this:

0 20 40 60 80 100

1000 5 5 0 0 0 0

3000 15 15 10 10 5 5

5000 25 25 20 20 15 15

7000 25 25 20 20 15 15

then reducing the TPS output would reduce the retarding.

So, with dual plugs you might try increasing the TPS to reduce the advance, however at maximum throttle the advance will be the same regardless of TPS setting(atleast at any realistic settings.)

However if the map looks something like this, the theory would be shot :wacko:

0 20 40 60 80 100

1000 5 5 0 0 0 0

3000 15 25 10 10 5 15

5000 15 25 20 20 35 25

7000 15 25 20 20 35 25

So, if you know what the map looks like, you may be in FAT CITY or NOT.

As you said, if a mapping tool were created, that would be what you need.

Perhaps Cliff's ECU is the way to go, all the same it would be nice to know what is going on....

If you are confused by this post, don't worry, its normal.

al

I don't know...

The data logger can PROBABLY log what it is doing so that you could document a map.

I suspect the output in degrees of advance of the map would not be absolute with respect to Throttle Position and RPM, but would be effected by temperature, air pressure, etc.

Just for kicks if the map looked something like this:

0 20 40 60 80 100

1000 5 5 0 0 0 0

3000 15 15 10 10 5 5

5000 25 25 20 20 15 15

7000 25 25 20 20 15 15

then reducing the TPS output would reduce the retarding.

So, with dual plugs you might try increasing the TPS to reduce the advance, however at maximum throttle the advance will be the same regardless of TPS setting(atleast at any realistic settings.)

However if the map looks something like this, the theory would be shot :wacko:

0 20 40 60 80 100

1000 5 5 0 0 0 0

3000 15 25 10 10 5 15

5000 15 25 20 20 35 25

7000 15 25 20 20 35 25

So, if you know what the map looks like, you may be in FAT CITY or NOT.

As you said, if a mapping tool were created, that would be what you need.

Perhaps Cliff's ECU is the way to go, all the same it would be nice to know what is going on....

If you are confused by this post, don't worry, its normal.

It's like deja vue all over again... :lol:

That's nifty looking stuff- don't know what I would do with it, but it's got a high 'geek' factor. If I were to

FWIW- the Breva reports temperature on it's little LCD readout. Sonya just picked hers up yesterday- she's, um, a patient sort. Anybody want to buy a motorcycle or two? I'm embarrased- I have more Guzzi's than Carl now. :wub:

cheers,

Jason

Jason, you needn't be embarrassed. Of the five I have, only two are actually useable, the V65 and the V11 Sport. I went to use the California this week and lo and behold - big oil puddle underneath!!! Rear main seal. So, I get to repeat the February self flagellation exercise of taking the bike apart, but now I have to get even deeper into it. Unfortunately, there are now so many bikes in the garage, I don't have room to work on it, so I'm leveling a spot in the yard and putting in a shed just to store the bikes that aren't running. Maybe I should have bought two sheds... :(

Dont forget to take the door off the yard-fridge :lol:

I've done my karmic debt for a while, I guess. Right now (knock wood), five Guzzi's are running and one's in a gazillion pieces in my basement. It's going to be a rad machine. Based on G5, with all sorts of cool bits inside. I've a home-made leading link fork setup for it since it's going to be pulling my sidecar. Now if I could only have time to work on it...my wife is starting to give me hints- 'sure would be nice to take the sidecar out...' She's the best.

BTW, two bikes are for sale....guess I should visit the 'buy and sell' section.

Sorry bout the rear main. That is a PITA. At least you can check spline wear and replace clutch springs if they're old. I need to replace the front main seal on my eldo, but it's such a small leak that I haven't convinced myself to do it yet. Too much fun riding it.

Cheers,

Jason