Pete Roper saves the day - probably not for the last time !

Gregg

. I was a Guzzi newbie at the time so I had no idea.

One positive outcome though... could my Guzzi be an even better ride now? That must be a dream!! :mg:

I am a Guzzi newbe as well in most subjects, I didn't have the slightest idea about that drive shaft allignment 'till now , I think this is a correct point (allignment) .Furthermore I like to thank people like Pete and Greg , Ratchet and others as well ,over here in the forum that can enlighten us with bringing up solutons to issues like these, or explaining how things go.

Stick up to this forum, there is always something to learn(I do) since everyone contributes something usefull from time to time , more or less.

:bier:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:homer: The more TLC I give her, the more she cost me.

I decided to remove the shaft completely and clean it. Then I see I've lost two splines from the layshaft. I have no idea when it happened, it might have been this way for ten years.

layshaft.jpg

Oh well (holding back a lot of foul words). Would it be outright stupid to not replace the layshaft? Two splines out of ten. It would cost me € 280 (about $370) and it's not the sexiest thing to put that money on. I would probably take the chance to shim the box and replace the 5th to helical if it's not already. More money...

Guest Mattress

I don't know but that sounds like it could be a bad failure mode. Personally I would fix anything that involved things that can throw me down, that is just my comfort zone. I have enough to deal with my own riding skills.

This is a really good website, group. Lots of helpful information. Sometimes makes me a bit paranoid about my V11 and impending legion of gremlins it wants to unleash. But good folks here though. Like Ratchet, he's a Michigan boy back from the day. Thats why he is special, or annoying depending on which side of the argument you're fighting.