Belstaff Jackets

Orson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course wax cotton jackets could never work without their TARTAN linings.

But the allegation is that they _don't_ work. So it's either the tartan linings or the Royal association. I favour the Royal association, as they don't work either.

Guest boabcomo

If you think that the Belstaff stuff looks attractive, then buy it. If it doesn't cut-it when compared to the latest and best gear - so what, neither do any of my Guzzis most of which I bought for reasons of the heart and soul, not the head.

If you think that the Belstaff stuff looks attractive, then buy it. If it doesn't cut-it when compared to the latest and best gear - so what, neither do any of my Guzzis most of which I bought for reasons of the heart and soul, not the head.

Correct statement in every way. It's all about heart & soul with my MG.

Yes, the Belstaff Trailmaster definitely has no technology or "bling" like the modern gortex and leather available. It does have it's place in the vintage bike scene. Lately though, the price of these things has gone through the roof, to the point that if I were looking for one, I would not bother. I'm not sure if the 'eco-crats' have found something bad with the material's production, or the fact that Belstaff has through marketing become something of an exclusive designer brand name with one brand boutiques in some major cities. I can tell you that their gortex line is not worth the money when you compare it to other gortex.

Whether the UK Royal family , any other family, in fact anyone, edorses any product would have no bearing on whether I do buy something, or not!! That someone would specifically NOT buy a product of any kind specifically because of it's at best cloudy relationship with any figure head, I find bizarre. The product might be better than all the competition, but they will buy a worse product?? :lol::lol:

Ciao, Steve

Exactly (and at some point, if this thread lives on, I may repost the piece that I posted here and then withdrew, which was an expanded version of this theme.

But the allegation is that they _don't_ work. So it's either the tartan linings or the Royal association. I favour the Royal association, as they don't work either.

On examination of the facts I see that I said_could_(never) – not_do_. I'm sure that Nagbod could formulate some sort of defence for me on that basis.

Of course the Royal Family do never work without their TARTAN linings.

On examination of the facts I see that I said_could_(never) – not_do_. I'm sure that Nagbod could formulate some sort of defence for me on that basis.

Of course the Royal Family do never work without their TARTAN linings.

I _knew_ my CSE in Syntax Mangling would come in useful one day.

Belstaff did do rubber coated jackets in the 50's nice with galoshes

Mmmm. Black Prince. With a lovely flocked lining. Like my dispatch rider's coat (gaberdine lined with rubber - best of both worlds) it went all crackly when the temperature got well below zero and leaked like a sieve afterwards.

Guest ratchethack

??!!

Err, lemme see if I've got this straight. :wacko:

The Brits are having a laugh because a Canuck took, um, at least somewhat extraordinary offense at the fact that a Cheesehead (no offense, Jaap, I'm a 4th generation American Dike Jumper meself :cheese::nl: ) failed to take down the post of a Brit ex-pat Ozzie for taking a harmless little offhand poke at The Royals -- as if this were an egregiously despicable offense, and somehow against Forum rules? :huh2:

Well, I reckon this one's out there somewhere beyond the full comprehension of this Yankee Hollander, but I've gotta weigh in with the Scots, Irish, and Limeys here and have a laugh just the same. :lol::grin:

Carry on! ;)

Cdr. Hatchracket

Right so.

To answer the question, The Real Thing is actually the Belfast Jacket. Please, no more of that other _fashion-house_mock-Royal_typographically-mistaken_retrogression_.

If you insist on the rugged-retro look, ask the shop for a 'Belfast Flak Jacket'.

Some other real Belfast Jacket things:

Bang-bang

For the Laydees

Though I go for haute couture every time

??!!

Err, lemme see if I've got this straight. :wacko:

The Brits are having a laugh because a Canuck took, um, at least somewhat extraordinary offense at the fact that a Cheesehead (no offense, Jaap, I'm a 4th generation American Dike Jumper meself :cheese::nl: ) failed to take down the post of a Brit ex-pat Ozzie for taking a harmless little offhand poke at The Royals -- as if this were an egregiously despicable offense, and somehow against Forum rules? :huh2:

Well, I reckon this one's out there somewhere beyond the full comprehension of this Yankee Hollander, but I've gotta weigh in with the Scots, Irish, and Limeys here and have a laugh just the same. :lol::grin:

Carry on! ;)

Cdr. Hatchracket

For more of Mr. Roper's fine people skill's, please look at the examples here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...12653&st=15

It's all good Ratchet. I now know that THE LINE is a variable one that flexes and moves with each personality. I can work with this.

Ciao, Steve

??!!

a Cheesehead (no offense, Jaap, I'm a 4th generation American Dike .... meself :cheese::nl: )

Ratchet Surprise Claim Revealed –

"I'm a Dutchman/woman"!

Oh yeah, Im sure that Jaap will be delighted with this shocker.

I can see what's coming next.

Ratchet: Another Surprise Claim Revealed –

"Jaap is my secret Dutch lovechild"

The Guzzi fetish, the black lycra passion – it's in the genes.

:mg::ninja:

:oldgit: